5 Ways to Spend Your Friday Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

It’s 5 p.m. on a Friday, and you’ve just gotten back to your room from possibly the longest week of your life. Now you have absolutely no motivation to go out with your friends, let alone leave the sanctity of your bed. We’ve all been there. 

But that doesn’t mean that your night in has to be boring! Here are a few ideas for the next time you just “can’t even” on a Friday night:

1. Pajama Party

Invite your friends over to your dorm with their pajamas and pink pig slippers. Pop some popcorn, eat some chocolate chip cookie dough and turn on Netflix! Can you say chick flicks?

2. Large Pizza, Please 

One of the most wonderful things to have ever been incorporated into the food industry is delivery service, especially when it comes to pizza. Papa John’s and Domino’s even take orders straight from their smartphone app! With one phone call or press of a button, you can have hot pizza delivered straight to your door (or at least the front of your building). Order some to share with your roommates—or not. There’s no shame in keeping a whole pizza for yourself. Just be sure to get some garlic knots for your roomie!

3. Spa Day to Spa Night 

Like I said, if you’re staying in on a Friday night, it’s probably because you’ve had a mega-crazy week and just need to destress. What better way to do that than with a spa night? Grab a couple of your closest gals and make your own salon! Highlight your hair, paint your nails, and give yourself a facial. A girl can do anything with a fresh mani-pedi!

4. DIY with Your Roomies 

Spend some time bonding with your roommates while making some cute decorations for your room! Goodwill sells vintage picture frames and knickknacks that can easily be refurbished. Trust me, you’ll never know what you’ll find. Take some paint and let your creativity flow. Not only will you get to hang out and release your inner artist, you’ll get some cute décor out of it, too!

5. Game Night 

Board games aren’t just for little kids anymore. Invest in a few go-to board or card games you can stash under your bed. Invite the people in your hall and have fun playing Monopoly, Risk or the infamous (yet completely hilarious) Cards Against Humanity.

The next time you catch yourself in bed on a Friday night completely unsure of what to do, try out one of these five ideas. In the infamous words of Rebecca Black, “It’s Friday, Friday. Gotta get down on Friday.”

Just a small town girl living in an even smaller college town. I'm an Accounting major at WVWC in hopes of someday going to law school. I enjoy coffee, jumping in puddles, & petting the locals' dogs when they take them for walks on campus.
Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !