element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Signs He’s Just Not That into You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Ladies, we have all been there. You like this guy, and you start seeing him. Things seem to be going great, but— out of nowhere—things go downhill. He stops calling, seems distant, or doesn’t put in the effort. You brush it off thinking that maybe he’s just going through a phase. In the end, you are left standing there confused and heartbroken. You ask him for a reason, and he tells you this, “I just didn’t like you that much,” or something along the lines of that. I have some advice to give you to help save you from future heartbreak. Here is how to tell if a guy is just not that into you.

1. If He’s Not Calling You….

Here’s the thing, ladies, if he continuously makes excuses about why he’s not calling you, then chances are he’s just not that into you. I can’t tell you how many times that I’ve heard the line, “I’ll call you later,” from my ex. You sit by the phone waiting to hear back from him, but it never happens. The next time you see him, you ask him why he didn’t call, and he gives you the excuses that we have all heard, “My phone died” or “Something came up.” I would forgive him and move on with my day, when in all actuality I should have been looking for a way to disconnect from the relationship.

1. If He’s Not Snapping You Back….

You take at least 15 selfies trying to get the one to send to this guy, and you patiently wait for him to open it. About 10 minutes pass, then 30, until it’s been it’s been two days and you’ve seen him post on his snap story 3 times. Then when he finally does open it he doesn’t send anything back. You make the excuse that he must have forgot about it and that’s why he didn’t snap you back. You go through the entire process again for that perfect selfie, and he does the same thing again. Instead of sending him a third snap, you should try sending a selfie to the cute guy in your 10am lecture.

1. If He’s Leaving You on Read….

You guys are texting back and forth, asking how each other’s day went. You send him a message, he opens it but doesn’t reply. You give him some time thinking maybe he forgot about it, or something came up. You check your phone knowing full-well that he still hasn’t responded. You send him another message later, he opens it, and doesn’t reply to it either. You may do this for a few days and always end up with the same result: being left on read. This is when you delete his number, go out with your girls, and forget about what’s-his-name.

1. If He’s Not Having Sex with You….

This one could go either way. He could be withholding sex because he cares about you and wants the first time to be special, which is great! Then there are the cases where you were having sex in the beginning but now it seems to be happening to less and less. You keep trying different ways to catch his attention— putting on that one outfit that he loves seeing you in or buying something super sexy, but he doesn’t even bat an eye. You deserve way better than that. You deserve the kind of man that can’t keep his hands off you (whether it be in something sexy or just your old pair of sweats that you’ve had since your freshman year of high school.)

1. If He Only Wants to See You After Midnight….

You try to make plans with this guy, but he tells you that he’s busy. You go about your day, and it gets to be about 11pm when you get a text from him asking you to come over at 1am. You try to see if you can make plans with him the next day, but he won’t budge. The only thing that this guy wants is a fling. This is when you drop the guy like a bad habit and go out there and find yourself a real man.

Until next time, HCXO!