17 Signs It’s Time to De-Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Finals are just around the corner, and for some of us graduation is so close we can taste it. How did this happen anyway?

One minute we are chilling, getting work done, and now out of nowhere classes are over, finals are starting, and there’s still so much to get done!

Stress is one of the worst feelings out there and sometimes we don’t even realize how intense things have gotten.

Here are some signs you might be stressed and should probably do whatever makes you feel more at ease (within healthy and safe limits of course)!

1.      You start verbalizing your inner thoughts in conversation without noticing (which can get a little awkward at times)

2.      You are physically there…but that’s about it

3.      You shoot out of bed in the middle of the night reciting answers to that final you are studying for

4.      You are too exhausted for the gym

5.      You are too exhausted for anything

6.      You are either eating more than usual or less than usual

7.      Every time you think of the semester ending your heart skips a beat because there is still so much to be done

8.      You have been neglecting your relationships

9.      Your dirty laundry pile is the size of a small mountain

10.  You can’t find anything on your desk because EVERYTHING is on your desk

11.  You create to-do lists for your to-do lists

12.  Your planner no longer looks like the cute Lilly design you bought only months ago, but a three-year-old’s art project

13.  Your email inbox is so full that it might crash the internet

14.  Your clothes don’t match

15.  You haven’t worn anything without elastic in days

16.  Your hair hasn’t been styled in who knows how long

17.  Coffee is your best friend

What signs do you have that it’s time to destress? Tell us on Twitter @HerCampusWVWC!

A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!