jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

15 Non-Offensive Post-Election Thoughts from a Girl Who’s Just Trying to Avoid Social Media

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

1. Half of Facebook is rejoicing; the other half is walking around like it’s the beginning of a dystopian novel. I’m looking at pictures of dogs dressed as people on Pinterest.

2. I wonder what Bernie’s doing right now…

3. *listens to Lady Gaga’s Joanne on repeat until I forget this is happening*

4. How many emotional support animals can I get before it’s considered excessive?

5. I definitely have an opinion on this, but I’m also not alive to spread negativity.

6. I’m way too moderate for this shit.

7. Good vibes good vibes good vibes good vibes…

8. Oooh, are there some pizza rolls left?

9. Why doesn’t the Buckhannon Sheetz have a drive-thru?

10. Why can’t y’all just get along?

11. Three cheers for the first openly LGBTQ governor, though. Yay, Oregon!

12. I wanna take a nap.

13. Wow, I love Her Campus.

14. I want a puppy.

15. BE NICE. 

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !