WVU’s Annual Art Walk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

High Street was the place to be Friday, October 5th as it hosted its annual event Art Walk. Each year, local
businesses of downtown Morgantown show their support for all sorts of artists ranging from painters, jewelry makers, and musicians by opening their doors and helping sell their work. This year, participating local businesses included: Dahlia’s, Tanners Alley, Coni & Franc, The Endless Closet, and several others.

Future Art Walk attendees can expect a busy downtown atmosphere and will hear a new song with every street corner turned. With its free admission, Art Walk is ideal for anyone of any age, making it an ideal family activity. Several downtown pedestrians were drawn to Art
Walk with its lively music of varying genres and the display of works of art for sale.

Along my journey, I ran into Fashion Design senior Rachel White. Rachel was showcasing her collection of hats in High Street’s bridal shop, Coni & Franc. She explained to me that her love for hat design began after visiting New York City for her Historic Costume class.

As I left Art Walk, I felt inspired and more connected with the art scene of Morgantown. I am already looking forward to next year! 

Tori is a senior at West Virginia University. She majors in Advertising and aspires to work in a big advertising agency after graduation. Tori was both Social Chair and Public Relations Chair for her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma. She enjoys being involved in different organizations at WVU. Originally from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Tori was born and raised a Mountaineer. She loves to hang out with friends and be social. Tori would describe herself as outgoing, passionate, and motivated.