What to do When You’re Having the Worst Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Do you ever have those days where you just know it’s going to be terrible? The kind of days where you don’t want to get out of bed, it’s raining, you’re late to class, and any other possibility of a horrible thing that could happen? We’ve all had them. They feel like they last 24 years rather than 24 hours, but the bad days do pass. Here are some things to do to perk your day up if everything in life is going horribly wrong.

1. Take a nap!

I don’t know about you, but when I take a nap, the world is always a much brighter place when I wake up. It’s just a refresher to block out the world and wake up to a new beginning of a terrible day. 

2. Eat something sweet

You heard me. I don’t care what kind of health kick you’re on, something sweet does make the feeling of a horrible day go away even if it is only for a second. When I have a milkshake, my whole day is made. Treat yourself!

3. Watch a funny movie/ TV show

It always cheers me up when I watch an episode of Friends or a hysterical movie. Grab some popcorn and enjoy a good laugh!

4. Hang with friends

My friends always have this super power to cheer me up if a day is going wrong. Surround yourself with positive people and the day will get better.

5. Listen to music

When I listen to music it takes me to a whole other world. Get some pop music on and dance out the days worries!

I'm a freshman attending West Virginia University. I'm majoring in elementary education with a specialization in English. I'm so excited to see where my journey as a mountaineer takes me!
Hi ladies and gents, my name is Mel, Melanie if you're feelin' fancy. I'm a senior studying advertising, political science and fashion at West Virginia University. In addition to my studies, I am the Campus Correspondent for the WVU HC Chapter! You can hear me on the radio at U92 FM reporting the news and hosting morning shows. If I'm not there, I'm most likely at the local Panera eating my body weight in broccoli cheddar soup or writing about the daily, awkward encounters I experience. I represenative of the college of media as an ambassador and the prez of the magazine club. Oversized sweatshirts and jean on jean are my aesthetics. Lover, not a fighter unless you tell me Joe Jonas wasn't the best Jonas. Laters, baby.