Valentine’s Date Night Ideas (For Every Couple)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Morgantown is a lovely city to live in when Valentine’s Day comes around.  There are plenty of chain and locally own restaurants to choose from, other cities just a short drive away, and plenty of options for every couple!  So no matter what you and your love are into, there are plenty of options to make sure you both have a wonderful night!

For the Adventurous Couple: Day Trip

If you want to spend the day together wandering around somewhere new, then take a day trip!  Pittsburgh is just a short drive away!  For those of you who want to get away from the city, Blackwater Falls is under two hours away from Morgantown.  Either of these options will create a fantastic day.

For the Traditional Couple: Dinner Night Out

There are countless of delicious restaurants to choose from no matter what you’re craving.  From chain restaurants like Olive Garden and the Boston Beanery to locally owned restaurants such as Black Bear Burritos, you can basically go wherever you want- almost all in a walking distance!  Plus, there are so many great places to stop for dessert. 

For the Romantic Couple: Candlelight Dinner

Take staying in to a romantic level by cooking dinner together amongst a roomful of candles.  Turn on soft music and finish the meal by dancing if you’re up for it. 

For the Lazy Couple: Movie Night

Life in Morgantown is hectic.  There’s school, work, internships, and always something to celebrate.  For the couple that never gets to have a night in, change it up by renting a movie and ordering pizza.  

Kristen completed her undergraduate degree in journalism at West Virginia University in May 2019. She is currently pursuing her master's degree in the Integrated Marketing Communications program at WVU. During undergrad, she was the managing editor of Her Campus at WVU and editor-in-chief of Mirage Magazine in the 2018-2019 year. Kristen is currently the student editor at 100 Days in Appalachia and a freelance writer for West Virginia-based publications. Previously, she has served as the communications and marketing intern for the WVU Eberly College of Arts and Sciences, a writing and editing intern for New South Media and a photographer for the Daily Athenaeum. She is an avid fan of alt-rock, photography and advocating for women's equality and the prevalence of solutions journalism. Kristen hopes to one day report on internet culture and technology. 
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!