This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Although it’s almost been a week since the season 2 finale of This Is Us, I still just can’t stop thinking about it- and I’m sure many other fans can’t either. It was a very heartfelt episode of Toby and Kate’s beautiful wedding (I think they may be at the top of the list for my favorite couple aside from Jack and Rebecca of course). But the show ended on so many cliffhangers I just don’t know if I can wait until September for season 3 to get answers.

Toby’s Illness

I think this is the one that left me the most ‘shook’. Toby is seen lying in bed appearing ill. Kate tells him that his doctor wants to change his medications. My first thought is, “okay I wonder what he’s sick from”, but after reading up on it a little, I think that Toby may be suffering from severe depression. It’s just really hard to tell why though; he and Kate are newlyweds who seem to truly be in love so what could be so wrong?

Randall and Tess’s Flash Forward

We saw our second flash forward of Randall and Tess at the end of last week’s episode, and Randall asks Tess if she’s ready to go see “her”. We’re just left wondering who “she” is. Is it Beth? Deja? Annie? No matter who it is, we are assured by Dan Fogelman, writer, and producer of the show, that Beth isn’t sick and she doesn’t die (and neither does Randall or anyone else despite all the rumors).

Deja

Speaking of Deja, at the end of the season 2 finale, she takes a baseball bat to Randall’s Mercedes. She seems to be having a tough time adjusting after her mother gave up full parental rights to her.

Kevin and Zoe

At the end of the episode, Kevin was shown on an airplane heading to what we assume is Vietnam based on the photo of his dad he was holding. But he wasn’t alone- he was with Beth’s cousin Zoe. I think this is going to be an interesting twist to Kevin’s story and I can’t wait to see what is in store for them- I think I already really like Zoe.

Season 3 is going to have A LOT in store for us and I seriously don’t know how I’m going to make it through the next five months without the Big Three. Each episode just gets better and better and I’m sure Dan Fogelman and his crew have a world full of tearjerkers coming our way in September (and I heard there’s going to be more deets on Rebecca and Miguel though he will never replace our love for Jack).

Photo obtained from https://www.elitedaily.com/p/jacks-brother- will-return- to-this- is-us- we- still-have- so-much- to-learn- 8123311

Victoria Price is a sophomore strategic communicatons major at West Virginia University. She is emphasizing in public relations and minoring in law and legal studies, with hopes of attending law school after graduating with her Bachelor's degree. Aside from being a member of Her Campus, Victoria has written for Ed on Campus, WVU's student magazine organization. 
Hi ladies and gents, my name is Mel, Melanie if you're feelin' fancy. I'm a senior studying advertising, political science and fashion at West Virginia University. In addition to my studies, I am the Campus Correspondent for the WVU HC Chapter! You can hear me on the radio at U92 FM reporting the news and hosting morning shows. If I'm not there, I'm most likely at the local Panera eating my body weight in broccoli cheddar soup or writing about the daily, awkward encounters I experience. I represenative of the college of media as an ambassador and the prez of the magazine club. Oversized sweatshirts and jean on jean are my aesthetics. Lover, not a fighter unless you tell me Joe Jonas wasn't the best Jonas. Laters, baby.