Thank You for Being My Lorelai Gilmore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

One of the most iconic mother-daughter duos is hands-down our favorite Gilmore Girls, Lorelai and Rory.  We are all ecstatic to have them back for Netflix’s mini series “Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life” debuting on November 24th.  I have watched the show since my middle-school years and I use to pray that my relationship with my mother would be as tightly knit as Lorelai and Rory’s someday.  Like many mother/daughter relationships, we had some rough patches (I still apologize for my angsty teenage years), but I am happy to say that I have found my Lorelai Gilmore within my mother.

Thank you for sharing your favorite classic music and movies with me and emerging me into your life full of pop-culture.  What would we do without our car jams and marathon movie nights?  Thanks for letting us order from every take-out restaurant in town.

Thank you for always being there to sew up my broken heart. Throughout high school and college, you have taught me so much about relationships, love, and most importantly, myself. Rory was not the only one who had boys like Dean, Jess, and Logan in her life. 

Thank you for being my #1 fan and biggest cheerleader.  Just as Lorelai was for Rory as she spoke at graduation and while doing extraneous work on student council and the paper, you are always there supporting me in anything and everything I do.   

Thank you for teaching me that coffee is an absolute necessity to life.  Period.  Like Lorelai, your coffee addiction has single-handedly rubbed off on me.

Thank you for being my built-in best friend and the first person I call in every situation imaginable.  I do not know what I would do without your unconditional love and support. 

Thank you for teaching me that independence is such an important trait to have, especially as women.

Thank you for bringing endless humor and sarcasm into my life.  It is no wonder where I get my sense of humor.

Thank you for allowing me to make my own mistakes.

Thank you for making our goodbyes the hardest thing I have to do, even though I know that you are always just a phone call away.  I am truly blessed to have such a close, loving relationship with my Lorelai.

West Virginia University. Alpha Phi. Grey's Anatomy over everything. I just really miss Harambe. "I fall in love with places I've never been and people I've never met."
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!