This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

1. Reading is good for your soul. Some of the best memories I’ve had with my mom were our trips to the library, looking for new books to read. I’m always thankful for that, because it is part of what sparked me to become such a book lover. 

2. Some friends just aren’t worth it. I want to apologize now to my mom for all the times in elementary, middle, and high school when I complained to her about a certain friend. She always listened, and gave her honest opinion. My mom always had great intuition; especially when it came to terrible friends. 

3. Going to college was a priority. My mom always stressed how important it was for us to get good grades and further our education. I’m thankful for all of that now, because she was right! Being able to get a degree in a field you love is a great feeling. 

4. Sometimes you’re going to mess up – and that’s okay. Even when I did something I thought was going to be the end of my world, my mom always made it seem like eventually everything thing would be fine, because everyone makes mistakes. Well, she did that after she yelled at and grounded me. 

5. Strength. My mom is hands down, 100% the strongest person I have and will ever know. She raised 3 (pretty amazing, if I may say so myself) daughters, and got out of a situation most people couldn’t get out of. She did so many incredible things for herself the past couple of years, it’s astounding. Her strength and resilience has taught me so many things itself. 

6. Cooking. While I’m not even half the chef she is, I have learned some incredible recipes from her. No-bake oatmeal cookies, baked beans, and a few more of her famous dishes I can actually cook! Well, not as good as she can. But still. 

I'm Chelsea, and I attend West Virginia University! I plan to major in strategic communications with an emphasis in public relations. I'm a lover of dogs, books, food, and Netflix. “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." - Albert Camus
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!