photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Seven Things to be Thankful for

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

November is one of the best months of the year. Great food, great friends, and great family. This November, however, there’s an enormous list of other awesome things happening that we can’t forget to be thankful for.

1. Grey’s Anatomy & Scandal

Grey’s Anatomy season 14 winter finale is over (and can I just say…WTF Shonda Rhimes!!!) and Scandal is coming to a complete end before we know it (once again… WTF Shonda!!), so this November we can all agree that these shows’ existence are something to be a little extra thankful for.

2. Fifty Shades Freed Trailer

If you’re a Fifty Shades fan, I know you’ve been anticipating the release of the trailer for Fifty Shades Freed for a long time now, and we’re overly thankful that it’s finally here. (And we can’t forget to be thankful for Christian Grey too).

3. #Jelena

(photo via Trace)

Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez have been spotted multiple times this November being super “friendly”. It looks like the Jelena ship might be sailing again, and I for one couldn’t be more thankful for that.

4. Taylor Swift “Reputation”

Our girl T-Swift is back and better than ever. “Reputation” is predicted to become the best-selling album of 2017 and honestly we can’t even be surprised. Not only did Taylor release her “Reputation” album, but she also announced the first leg of her Reputation tour starting in May 2018. I think my heart is going to explode.

5. Release of the Lion King Cast

(photo via Express)

Donald Glover and Beyonce. Need I say more? Summer 2019 please hurry.

6. Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas

(photo via Chip & Company)

Nothing will get me more hype for Christmas movies than a countdown of more Christmas movies. Thank you, Freeform.

7. Food, Family, Friends (of course)

Getting to take break from school for a few days, spend time with loved ones, and eat delicious foods is for sure the thing to be most thankful for this November.

Victoria Price is a sophomore strategic communicatons major at West Virginia University. She is emphasizing in public relations and minoring in law and legal studies, with hopes of attending law school after graduating with her Bachelor's degree. Aside from being a member of Her Campus, Victoria has written for Ed on Campus, WVU's student magazine organization. 
Hi ladies and gents, my name is Mel, Melanie if you're feelin' fancy. I'm a senior studying advertising, political science and fashion at West Virginia University. In addition to my studies, I am the Campus Correspondent for the WVU HC Chapter! You can hear me on the radio at U92 FM reporting the news and hosting morning shows. If I'm not there, I'm most likely at the local Panera eating my body weight in broccoli cheddar soup or writing about the daily, awkward encounters I experience. I represenative of the college of media as an ambassador and the prez of the magazine club. Oversized sweatshirts and jean on jean are my aesthetics. Lover, not a fighter unless you tell me Joe Jonas wasn't the best Jonas. Laters, baby.