This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

With Spring Break and summer break just around the corner, that only means one thing – road trips. Whether it’s to some far-off destination or just your local grocery store, this playlist is everything you need to make a 15 hour or 5 minute car ride into more than just a drive.

So create the perfect playlist, gather up your friends and go live an incredible adventure.

1) First Time – Jonas Brothers

Jonas Brothers – need I say more?

2) Old Pine – Ben Howard

A perfect song if you love those indescribable moments with your friends that nothing but a song can capture and bring to life.

3) On My Way – Phil Collins

This song is a masterpiece by a legend. Found in the movie Brother Bear, it captures adventure and wanderlust that is perfect for a road trip.

4) Send Me On My Way – Rusted Root

You’ve probably heard this on commercials throughout your lifetime, but it does make a great playlist song – especially if you’re going somewhere you’ve never been to before.

5) Follow The Sun – Xavier Rudd

This song is every perfect trip’s emotions summed up: slow, sunny, melodic and full of positive vibes.

6) Castle On The Hill – Ed Sheeran

This single will be on Ed’s new album, Divide, and is so beautiful that everyone should have to listen to it. He’s perfect. The acoustic version is just as amazing, too.

7) Home – Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

You can never go wrong with this song. Ever.

8) Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac

If you need a pep-talk kind of trip, play this.

9) Come On Eileen – Dexys Midnight Runners

Another feel-good classic that you can never, ever go wrong with.

10) Viva La Vida – Coldplay

Who doesn’t love this song? It was a huge hit in the mid-2000s and it’s still frequently played.

11) Adventure of a Lifetime – Coldplay

Another Coldplay song (listen, they’re just that good), but as the title suggests, it is a perfect addition to any road trip playlist.

12) You Make My Dreams – Daryl Hall & John Oates

This song never fails to be empowering and uplifting and put you in an instantly better mood.

13) No Rain – Blind Melon

This song includes kind of sad lyrics with a great beat. It’s perfect for those that like the feeling a song gives them rather than the words themselves.

14) Head Over Feet – Alanis Morissette

This is more of a love song, but come on – it’s Alanis Morissette.

15) Valentina – The Hunts

An underrated band that has amazing songs, this is only one of their road-trip worthy songs. If you like this one, you should check out the rest of their music. You won’t be disappointed, and you’ll have a great playlist.

16) 15 Years – Houndmouth

Sounds like an oldies track but really isn’t (circa 2015 to be exact). 

17) Helm – Tow’rs

All of their songs are honestly great and road-trip worthy.

18) Wild Heart – Bleachers

Best if listened to in loud volumes, or just loud enough so that you can sing/scream the chorus at the top of your lungs.

19) Walking on a Dream – Empire of the Sun

This will probably be everyone’s favorite. If you know “The Thrill” by Wiz Khalifa, this is the song that’s in the background.

20) Wilder Mind – Mumford & Sons

It’s Mumford & Sons – need I say more?

21) Brothers – Prince of Spain

One of my personal favorites, this is perfect if you live in a mountainous region and can relate to the song itself. If you don’t, it is still such a beautiful melody that you should listen to.

22) Always Gold – Radical Face

Slow, melodic and just a general feel-good song that you can either sing along to or just listen to and it will make you feel something.

23) American Oxygen – X Ambassadors

A remake of Rihanna’s song, this acoustic version is bound to be a staple on your playlist.

24) One Black Sheep – Mat Kearney

Within the first few seconds, you will know why this song has to be on your playlist.

25) Bird in a Cage – SPELLES

Sort of a mash-up between Florence + The Machine and “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree.” It’s great.

26) Beautiful – Ben Rector

Nostalgia is written all over this song – a great addition to a trip with your closest friends.

27) All Your Favorite Bands – Dawes

Perfect for those “late night drives with hot French fries” kind of moments. We’ve all had those late night food trips.

28) Holdin’ Out – The Lumineers

Since it is from the movie “Storks,” you may think this is a child-oriented song. Don’t judge it by the album cover. Plus, it’s The Lumineers. 

29) White Flag – Joseph

A song that you can clap or nod your head or scream the words to and all three ways will be acceptable. It has the signature, folky beat that a majority of these songs have.

30) All We Never Knew – The Head and the Heart

You just need to listen to this. (P.S. – if you like slower music, check out “Rivers and Roads.” You won’t be disappointed.)

31) Charlie Boy – The Lumineers

Coming in with another song that’s worthy of making this list, The Lumineers are just that good.

32) Candles – Daughter

Slow at first (as most of their songs are), but grows into a very uplifting song towards the middle.

33) Landslide – Dixie Chicks or Fleetwood Mac

The perfect song to sing with your best friends that will also hit you right in the feels.

34) Hello My Old Heart – The Oh Hellos

So. Good.

35) Yamaha – Delta Spirit

The best way to listen to this song is at the highest volume that your ears can withstand. You can thank me later.

Happy listening!

Greetings! My name is Graeson Baker and I am currently a junior PR major here at WVU. For more info about me, feel free to check out my personal website at http://www.graesonbrooke.co.
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!