Party Like It’s the End of the World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Students at West Virginia University should prepare themselves for the rollercoaster of a semester ahead of them. Some exciting things include Big 12 football games, Fall Fest, and a never-before radiant event- DAYGLOW. 

The “World’s Larget Paint Party”, popularly known as DAYGLOW, is including good ole Morgantown in their “END” tour, “Electronic Never Dies”, this coming fall. Cities around the United States will get to experience this spectacular concert event. This outrageous tour is going to represent the oh-so-famous rumor, the “end of the world”, which is supposed to take place in December of this year, according to the Mayan calendar. The event is planned to take place on October 19th and tickets are soon going to be sold in the upcoming weeks.
For those of you who haven’t yet heard the hype, here’s a little background on the colorful event: DAYGLOW first began at college campuses in Florida a few years back. Since then, it has quickly become a worldwide concert phenomenon. The live concert features famous DJ’s, fire shows, aerial acts, and of course– paint. For those that are not willing to get down and messy, this may not be the event for you!
This past spring, many students from WVU traveled to Cancun, Mexico for spring break through Student City and experienced DAYGLOW firsthand. Lauren Draber, a senior at WVU, spent her spring break vacation in Cancun and described DAYGLOW saying, “The energy during the show is just indescribable. It’s such a unique experience, we’re lucky to have them come to Morgantown”. Whether you’re coming for the music, the live performers, or the huge blasts of neon paint, Morgantown is soon to experience one unforgettable night.

To ease the anticipation, students can follow @dayglowWV on Twitter for updates and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/347372991997125/. I’m sure everyone who is planning on attending can’t wait to experience Life in Color!

Tori is a senior at West Virginia University. She majors in Advertising and aspires to work in a big advertising agency after graduation. Tori was both Social Chair and Public Relations Chair for her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma. She enjoys being involved in different organizations at WVU. Originally from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Tori was born and raised a Mountaineer. She loves to hang out with friends and be social. Tori would describe herself as outgoing, passionate, and motivated.