Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU News

Phases of Finals Week

By Jessica Rangel
April 28, 2014 - 5:24pm

Phase One: Believing you will study early, telling yourself you will study early, and not studying early. Phase Two: Realizing your test is within 24 hours. Phase Three: Getting to the library to find there are no seats, and these seats haven't, and won't, be given up for three days. Phase Four: Begin to study. READ MORE

Men of Frat Row

By Georgia Jablon, Jessica Rangel
April 23, 2014 - 12:24am

Meet the men of WVU Greek Life! We looked into the fraternities with houses on frat row. From the input from girls on campus, here is how we would best describe these frats! SAE Founded:1856 Philanthropy: Children’s Miracle Network Best Party: USAE Hottest Member: Adam Lynch Face of the Fraternity: Michael Lynch, Brian Arndt, Brandon Sard Sweetheart: Delta Gamma In three words: Gentlemen, Fratty, Well-dressed READ MORE

Freshman You Vs. Senior You

By Jessica Rangel
April 21, 2014 - 7:22pm

Freshman You: Finds an outfit for class and your hair is combed Senior You: Leggings. And possibly matching socks on a good day Freshman You: Go around campus a couple days early to find where your classes are Senior You: Don't go to any of your classes the first week Freshman You: Schedule 8:30 AM classes because you could get up that early in high school Senior You: Don't think about scheduling any classes with the word "AM" attached to it READ MORE

Snow in April Told By WVU Tweets

By Jessica Rangel, Kalea Gunderson
April 15, 2014 - 11:35pm

13 Ways You Know You're a WVU Student

By Jessica Rangel
April 7, 2014 - 8:14pm

1. You know the difference between the new Kroger and "Kroghetto". 2. You understand that Thursday nights are sacred, and embarassing. We all praise you free liquor. 3. You sign a lease in November for a nearly condemned house. 4. You have an unexplainable urge to yell "EAT SHIT PITT!" in any situation, at any time, without any reason. READ MORE

Senior Bucketlist

By Jessica Rangel
April 2, 2014 - 1:33am

Although it may never seem like it, time at WVU eventually comes to an end. After spending nine months out of the year, for four years at WVU, Morgantown becomes your home and your friends become your family. For many, the time left is winding down, but their are a few last things to do before the sun sets for good for these seniors. 1. " Make out" on the PRT I use the term "make out" with a loose interpretation. With that being said, you have from Walnut to Medical, a lot can happen in ten minutes. 2. Spend a night at a classic bar READ MORE

How People Date At WVU

By Jessica Rangel
March 27, 2014 - 3:25pm

It's no secret that here at school we've seen romance, lust, and everything in between. Love at WVU can bloosom during a nice date at Oliverio's or a Wednesday night at cellar. Here are the types of dating at WVU. 1. There is none. This applies to many people. You're in college and you're focused on you. Plus it can be said, that not everyone here is exactly "wife/husband" material. 2. Casual Hookup Once again, this applies to many people here. This relationship usually starts on Thursday night and ends Sunday around 11 a.m.  READ MORE

The Unspoken Rules of Shacking

By Georgia Jablon, Jessica Rangel
March 23, 2014 - 11:25pm

It's college, we're young and there's vodka, and sometimes you end up in a bed you shouldn't (or should) be in. It happens. But once it happens and the fun stops, shacking becomes the scene. Now, as the title states, these rules should be unspoken. Yet many of us know people, or could be those people, who don't know these exact rules and how they should be applied. HerWVU is here to speak the rules of the unspeakable! Note: These rules apply to both men and women Leave early, never overstay the welcome. READ MORE

Why we love West Virginia in the Spring

By Jessica Rangel
March 19, 2014 - 8:02pm

Spring break is over and there’s a little over a month left in school. Most students, from mostly mediocre schools, use all 140 characters to tweet the basic message that summer needs to get here. Most of these students don’t have a West Virginia spring. These students haven’t endured the bitterness of a polar vortex or have the anxiety of leaving Morgantown, these students haven't experienced West Virginia in the spring time. READ MORE

Spring Break DO's and DON'T's

By Victoria Vini
March 3, 2014 - 9:23pm

Spring Break 2014 is quickly approaching, here is a few things to keep in mind! DON’T flash your privates to any video crew...it might seem really funny at the time but don’t forget you’re going to need a job someday. DO spend your money wisely…I know it’s hard but you’re going be a lot happier when you wake up in the morning with money for food instead of none because you spent it all last night buying everyone shots at the bar. The 500+ people there are not going to remember who bought them shots! READ MORE