Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Features

Freshman Year Mistakes and How To Deal With Them

By Jessica Colacicco
September 9, 2014 - 9:40pm

Freshman year. We’ve all been there, done that and probably bought the t-shirt for it. It’s the cringe-worthy time of figuring out exactly who you are and what you want to do with your life. It’s the time in your life when you will make the most mistakes, the mistakes you’ll look back on and think, “Oh god, did I really do that?” If you’re a freshman at WVU, and you haven’t made one of the following mistakes at least once, did you really do freshman year right? Rocking a lanyard absolutely everywhere, and thinking you look cool while doing it Lanyards aren’t cute. Buy a wallet, it won’t kill you. Taking off your shoes at a frat house, on high street, etc. READ MORE

25 Ways Morgantown Got The Best Of You

By Kayla Lassiter
September 3, 2014 - 4:28pm

1.You started Happy Hour way too early at Back Door Apparently it was 5 o’ clock somewhere at 3 pm and you were taking that seriously. You’re in bed at 10:00. 2.Took advantage of free liquor night at Whisper You really shouldn’t have done that last shotski. 3.Had drunk breakfast and actually thought it tasted okay Soggy nachos, gross cheese, and meatballs, oh my! 4.Went to mug night at Chick N Bones with a Big Gulp  No one is judging you, but I don’t recommend downing more than two of those. 5. Found yourself dancing on the bar at Phi Sig READ MORE

BCK Rentals: Cat Killers?

By Jessica Rangel, Carissa Hyland
August 25, 2014 - 9:22pm

Note from the Editor: By being a blog aimed at a West Virginia University audience, my staff and I strive to bring stories that connect with our audience. After being informed about the acts of a landlord in Morgantown, we felt it was our duty to share these stories. With that being said, we have allowed our sources in this article to tell their own accounts. The HerCampus WVU staff has not written, nor edited any of the stories we received in the following article: READ MORE

A Timeline for Fall Fest

By Rachel Charlip
August 15, 2014 - 3:32pm

Time and time again, you think about the times you have had in college. Most make you laugh, some make you feel embarrassed, but in the end they are good. One of these many memories for a WVU student is Fall Fest, the biggest party of the year on the first day of classes.  First day of classes. But it’s 11 AM and you had a 9:30, guess that’s not happening.  But it’s syllabus week and and you remember the first class literally never counts for anything anyway, YES! And you get to shake your booty on the  Mountainlair green or frat row, to the musical festivities. READ MORE

I'm From: The Assumptions of a WVU Student's Home

By Jessica Rangel
August 3, 2014 - 10:26pm

When I came to WVU, I can honestly say I was free from opinion of where people were from. I was from the mid west, hailing from Colorado, and had no idea that so many people outside West Virginia would come to WVU. I soon realized many do, and the many that did had a stereotype attached. As soon as you say “I’m from....” assumptions begin, and usually a bonehead question follows. Some of these assumptions may be true, and some may seem unrealistically fake, but nonetheless students at WVU hear them daily. “I’m from New York” Yankees suck Do you live in the city? Do you know how to drive or do you just take the subway everywhere? Say the word coffee READ MORE

Phases of Finals Week

By Jessica Rangel
April 28, 2014 - 5:24pm

Phase One: Believing you will study early, telling yourself you will study early, and not studying early. Phase Two: Realizing your test is within 24 hours. Phase Three: Getting to the library to find there are no seats, and these seats haven't, and won't, be given up for three days. Phase Four: Begin to study. READ MORE

Men of Frat Row

By Georgia Jablon, Jessica Rangel
April 23, 2014 - 12:24am

Meet the men of WVU Greek Life! We looked into the fraternities with houses on frat row. From the input from girls on campus, here is how we would best describe these frats! SAE Founded:1856 Philanthropy: Children’s Miracle Network Best Party: USAE Hottest Member: Adam Lynch Face of the Fraternity: Michael Lynch, Brian Arndt, Brandon Sard Sweetheart: Delta Gamma In three words: Gentlemen, Fratty, Well-dressed READ MORE

Freshman You Vs. Senior You

By Jessica Rangel
April 21, 2014 - 7:22pm

Freshman You: Finds an outfit for class and your hair is combed Senior You: Leggings. And possibly matching socks on a good day Freshman You: Go around campus a couple days early to find where your classes are Senior You: Don't go to any of your classes the first week Freshman You: Schedule 8:30 AM classes because you could get up that early in high school Senior You: Don't think about scheduling any classes with the word "AM" attached to it READ MORE

Snow in April Told By WVU Tweets

By Jessica Rangel, Kalea Gunderson
April 15, 2014 - 11:35pm

13 Ways You Know You're a WVU Student

By Jessica Rangel
April 7, 2014 - 8:14pm

1. You know the difference between the new Kroger and "Kroghetto". 2. You understand that Thursday nights are sacred, and embarassing. We all praise you free liquor. 3. You sign a lease in November for a nearly condemned house. 4. You have an unexplainable urge to yell "EAT SHIT PITT!" in any situation, at any time, without any reason. READ MORE