Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Features

9 Instagram Posts Every WVU Girl Has

By Jessica Rangel
October 28, 2014 - 1:23pm

1. The Country Roads Take Me Home Insta 2. The I'm in a Sorority Insta 3. The Gameday Insta 4. The Top of the Hill Insta READ MORE

An Open Letter To My Best Friend

By Jessica Colacicco
October 21, 2014 - 2:10pm

As an almost twenty-something year old college student, everything is constantly changing. From new classes, to new crushes, I can’t remember the last time anything in my life remained the same. In an ever-changing world, a girl needs some consistency to help keep her sane and a little faith to fall back on. I’ve found that faith in my best friend.    Dear Best Friend/Soulmate/Spirit Animal/Whatever else you want to call yourself.    READ MORE

5 Ways To Be Safe At WVU

By Jessica Colacicco
October 6, 2014 - 11:57am

READ MORE

Ten Things That Run Through Everyone’s Mind While Parking in the Lair

By Alex Henderson
September 30, 2014 - 1:36pm

Ten Things That Run Through Everyone’s Mind While Parking in the Lair   1.      Time for my morning ritual; a leisurely drive through the Mountainlair Parking Garage.   2.  Oh heeeeey! It's my lucky day. It’s a smart car. Why me? 3.      And now the car in front of me gets a spot.  READ MORE

People of Game Day

By Taylor Schorr
September 23, 2014 - 6:37pm

Game days at WVU always prove to be interesting. Between the tailgates, the crowd and the many different types of people you encounter along the way, Morgantown always provides you with endless memories on Fall-time Saturdays where beer gets drank, and school pride is endlessly shown.  The Over-Enthusiastic Fan:  READ MORE

Freshman Year Mistakes and How To Deal With Them

By Jessica Colacicco
September 9, 2014 - 9:40pm

Freshman year. We’ve all been there, done that and probably bought the t-shirt for it. It’s the cringe-worthy time of figuring out exactly who you are and what you want to do with your life. It’s the time in your life when you will make the most mistakes, the mistakes you’ll look back on and think, “Oh god, did I really do that?” If you’re a freshman at WVU, and you haven’t made one of the following mistakes at least once, did you really do freshman year right? Rocking a lanyard absolutely everywhere, and thinking you look cool while doing it Lanyards aren’t cute. Buy a wallet, it won’t kill you. Taking off your shoes at a frat house, on high street, etc. READ MORE

25 Ways Morgantown Got The Best Of You

By Kayla Lassiter
September 3, 2014 - 4:28pm

1.You started Happy Hour way too early at Back Door Apparently it was 5 o’ clock somewhere at 3 pm and you were taking that seriously. You’re in bed at 10:00. 2.Took advantage of free liquor night at Whisper You really shouldn’t have done that last shotski. 3.Had drunk breakfast and actually thought it tasted okay Soggy nachos, gross cheese, and meatballs, oh my! 4.Went to mug night at Chick N Bones with a Big Gulp  No one is judging you, but I don’t recommend downing more than two of those. 5. Found yourself dancing on the bar at Phi Sig READ MORE

BCK Rentals: Cat Killers?

By Jessica Rangel, Carissa Hyland
August 25, 2014 - 9:22pm

Note from the Editor: By being a blog aimed at a West Virginia University audience, my staff and I strive to bring stories that connect with our audience. After being informed about the acts of a landlord in Morgantown, we felt it was our duty to share these stories. With that being said, we have allowed our sources in this article to tell their own accounts. The HerCampus WVU staff has not written, nor edited any of the stories we received in the following article: READ MORE

A Timeline for Fall Fest

By Rachel Charlip
August 15, 2014 - 3:32pm

Time and time again, you think about the times you have had in college. Most make you laugh, some make you feel embarrassed, but in the end they are good. One of these many memories for a WVU student is Fall Fest, the biggest party of the year on the first day of classes.  First day of classes. But it’s 11 AM and you had a 9:30, guess that’s not happening.  But it’s syllabus week and and you remember the first class literally never counts for anything anyway, YES! And you get to shake your booty on the  Mountainlair green or frat row, to the musical festivities. READ MORE

I'm From: The Assumptions of a WVU Student's Home

By Jessica Rangel
August 3, 2014 - 10:26pm

When I came to WVU, I can honestly say I was free from opinion of where people were from. I was from the mid west, hailing from Colorado, and had no idea that so many people outside West Virginia would come to WVU. I soon realized many do, and the many that did had a stereotype attached. As soon as you say “I’m from....” assumptions begin, and usually a bonehead question follows. Some of these assumptions may be true, and some may seem unrealistically fake, but nonetheless students at WVU hear them daily. “I’m from New York” Yankees suck Do you live in the city? Do you know how to drive or do you just take the subway everywhere? Say the word coffee READ MORE