jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Movie of the Year: 50 Shades Of Grey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.
1. Jamie Dornan: plays Christian Grey and you get to stare into his perfect baby blue eyes for two hours and four minutes.

2. The Music: between Ellie Goulding, The Weeknd, and Beyoncé, this movie has the perfect mix of music with everyone’s favorite artists!

3. It’s being released on Valentines Day: This makes the movie even more romantic than it already was and what boyfriend can really tell their girlfriend no when they ask to see the film on the 14th? 

4. The Book: was released in 2011 and it has sold over 60 million copies. Even if you personally didn’t read the book I can guarantee all your friends have so it is no wonder that they created a movie. If 60 million people read the book you can only imagine that 60 million plus another 60 million will be buying tickets to watch the romance novel on the big screen!

5. The on screen relationship that Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele have. Girls at the theatre will be wishing their relationship was like the one these two characters have and the girls who aren’t currently in a relationship will start looking.

I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!