Meet WVU’s New Panhellenic President: Jordyn Mulholland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

West Virginia University’s Panhellenic Association held elections for it’s 2017 executive board on November 6th where Jordyn Mulholland was slated as President.  We are so excited to welcome Jordyn and the rest of the newly elected executive board for the upcoming year! 

Shannon Smith: Where are you from?

Jordyn Mulholland: Wayne, NJ

SS: What year are you and what Greek organization are you a part of?

JM:  Junior, Alpha Phi

SS: What positions have you held within your organization?

JM:  VP of Campus Affairs, VP of Programming and Education, Social Media Chairman, Senior Panhellenic Delegate

SS: Do you think that holding those positions has prepared you to take on the responsibilities of Panhellenic President?  If yes, how so?

JM: It totally has. I love working within large groups of people and have always enjoyed being a leader; my positions in Alpha Phi have only solidified that feeling for me. Having the privilege to lead such an amazing group of girls on these many different platforms has not only taught me immensely about myself, but has given me skills that I will keep for the rest of my life.

SS: What are the main goals you would like to achieve during your term?

JM: I would love to maintain and grow the Panhellenic bond between each sorority on campus as well as with all organizations Greek-wide.

SS: What changes would you like to see made within our Greek community?

JM: Throughout the Greek community, I think it is important for us to create and maintain a positive attitude as best as possible this year.

SS: Did you ever imagine yourself holding such a high position in Greek life?

JM: I always imagined myself doing as much as possible to leave my impact on Greek life. I am always striving to put myself in a position where I could be an agent for positive change. I love being a leader, and to me, this is the ultimate leadership position. I am so thankful and honored to begin this amazing journey!

SS: What is your favorite part about being Greek at WVU?

JM: I love how naturally I have networked and created connections throughout not only my organization, but completely Greek-wide. Thanks to being Greek at WVU, I have effortlessly developed friends and companionships that I am confident will last I lifetime; I am so grateful for that.

Also, congratulations to the rest of the newly elected 2017 executive board:

Katie Weber

Morgan Goff

Emma Wess

Olivia Pisani

Cassidy Seamon

Morgan Cunningham

Jordin Wilcher

West Virginia University. Alpha Phi. Grey's Anatomy over everything. I just really miss Harambe. "I fall in love with places I've never been and people I've never met."
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!