This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

WVU has so many different ways for you to get information, but that’s just the thing – they’re all different. If you’re too busy to spend an hour getting caught up, there’s one place where you can get everything in minutes! If you’re an iPhone user, download the free iWVU application. Did I mention that it was FREE? It may be a hidden commodity, but the application is extremely useful to students. Here’s a quick summary of all the icons and the things you can do with them!

First of all, if you read the Daily Athenaeum, make it easier and read it on your phone! There’s a calendar for academics, athletics, arts and entertainment and more. No need for a planner when you have the dates at your touch.

The game schedule, roster, and team websites for all the sports teams are listed under the athletics icon. Ever at the bar and need to request your ticket for the football games? You can do it right on your phone without going through Safari.

The Twitter icon lists all of the Twitter accounts for WVU such as the football coaches, all of the colleges, the Mountaineer Maniacs and WVU Today. Without following them on Twitter, you can see their recent tweets right from the application.

If you hate the PRT and can’t stand when it’s stuck, the app will tell you when it’s running on normal schedule and when it’s not. Along with the buses, if the buses are 10 minutes late or 45 minutes late, the app shows the time and routes each bus takes.

Freshman, if you still don’t know your way around, click the map icon and find your class buildings. The hybrid option shows the “Google Maps” view of the campus.

The library icon allows you to see what computers are being used and which ones are open. During finals week, you want to be the first one to snatch a spot! The hours of Eliza’s are shown on the library icon also.

The U92 icon allows you to “Listen Live” to the radio. It has all of the numbers and contacts of administration in the Mountainlair and their office hours.

If you hate not knowing what’s for lunch or dinner at the dining halls, read the menu under the dining icon and see what hours they’re open.

The emergency icon could come in handy if you’re ever in need of Student Health, the hospital, fire department, poison control or even the AT&T store. Along with the emergency icon, the WVU Alert icon lets you know if there’s an alert.

The obvious ECampus and Mix are options above all. The iWVU application is very helpful, and if you have an iPhone you should get the application now!

Tori is a senior at West Virginia University. She majors in Advertising and aspires to work in a big advertising agency after graduation. Tori was both Social Chair and Public Relations Chair for her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma. She enjoys being involved in different organizations at WVU. Originally from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Tori was born and raised a Mountaineer. She loves to hang out with friends and be social. Tori would describe herself as outgoing, passionate, and motivated.
Devin is a sophomore at West Virginia University, class of 2013. She was a direct-admit into the School of Journalism as a freshman, where she is now majoring in Public Relations with two minors in Political Science and Professional Writing & Editing. Devin started her journalism career in Fairmont, WV. In high school, she served as the Editor-in-Chief of the 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 Maple Leaves Yearbook, which went on to receive a Silver Medal in the Columbia Scholastic Program of Achievement. She was a columnist for her local newspaper, The Times West Virginian, for two years. During her senior year in high school, Devin was a columnist for a national magazine, Gladys, where she went on to become the Public Relations Manager. At WVU, Devin is a member of Chi Omega Sorority. In her spare time, Devin enjoys drinking skinny vanilla lattes, watching Saturday Night Live (re-runs, of course, because she is never home on a Saturday night), and buying cocktail dresses. When she grows up, Devin wants to be a lawyer.