This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Podcasts have become quite the trend over the past year. Why? People are getting more creative. People want to voice their opinions. People want to help make a difference any way that they can. Podcasts are important more now than ever. With the current news, this is prime time for others to get their voice heard.

Podcast topics can range anywhere from sports, makeup, politics, fitness, mental health and etc. Even though most podcasts that you might have heard of are from your favorite celebrities, ANYONE can start a podcast. If you are passionate about a topic, try it out! What’s better than having an audience listen to you without having stage fright? Podcasts are not just the stereotypical the same person talks for an hour. Most podcasts invite guests to be a part of their show for different episodes. You can also reach out to the channels and request certain information and recommend different guests.

Want to expand your horizons? Look into some of your favorite hobbies, ideas, and passions! There IS the perfect podcast out there for you!

My top five favorite podcasts (All found on iTunes and other locations):

1. Holler: Voices of West Virginia Women

You can find episodes at hollerpodcast.com.

(i.e. Photo Courtesy to HollerPodcast)

2. EMBody Radio

You can find episodes at emilyduncanfitness.com.

(i.e. Photo Courtesy to EmilyDuncanFitness ) 

3. Sincerely, X by TED

You can find episodes at blog.ted.com.

(i.e. Photo Courtesy to TED Blog) 

4. Rebel Force Radio: Star Wars

You can find episodes at starwars.wikia.com. (i.e. Photo Courtesy to Wookieepedia)

5. The College Info Geek

You can find episodes at collegeinfogeek.com.

(i.e. Photo Courtesy to College Info Geek) 

Madelynn is a junior at West Virginia University. She is majoring in strategic communication with an emphasis in public relations. Madelynn plans on working for a non-profit organization after graduation. She is involved in Her Campus, Omega Phi Alpha, Ed On Campus, Active Minds, & WVU Student Events Board. Madelynn is passionate about community service and helping others. 
Hi ladies and gents, my name is Mel, Melanie if you're feelin' fancy. I'm a senior studying advertising, political science and fashion at West Virginia University. In addition to my studies, I am the Campus Correspondent for the WVU HC Chapter! You can hear me on the radio at U92 FM reporting the news and hosting morning shows. If I'm not there, I'm most likely at the local Panera eating my body weight in broccoli cheddar soup or writing about the daily, awkward encounters I experience. I represenative of the college of media as an ambassador and the prez of the magazine club. Oversized sweatshirts and jean on jean are my aesthetics. Lover, not a fighter unless you tell me Joe Jonas wasn't the best Jonas. Laters, baby.