Inexpensive Halloween Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

For college students, Halloween is a week-long event. It’s a time for haunted houses and costume parties.  Halloween is also an excuse for girls to dress slutty. I mean, what girl doesn’t like to dress up? 

Halloween costumes can be expensive, though. Since most colleges celebrate Halloween all week long, most students dress up differently each day. Instead of buying costumes, there are so many ways to make an inexpensive costume using things you already own. 

For example, any type of cute animal is easy for us ladies to pull off. Instead of buying a $40-$60 costume, you can become a cute, fuzzy animal without spending a lot of money.

You will need:

1. A dress (black or animal print)
  2. Fuzzy ears
  3. Fuzzy tail
  4. Heels/knee-high boots
  5. Tights/fishnet stockings
  6. Eyeliner (for drawing a nose and whiskers)

Celebrities are easy costumes to create, as well. Snooki is always a fun and easy go-to costume.

You will need:

1. Teasing brush and clips (to create her signature pouf!)
  2. Short dress
  3. Big glasses
  4. Slippers
  5. Bronzer (to get that Jersey tan!)
  6. Eyeliner/heavy eye makeup

These costume ideas can help keep you looking sexy and creative all week long, without breaking the bank!

Rachel is a junior at West Virginia University and a direct-admit to the P.I. Reed School of Journalism, majoring in public relations with a minor in dance. She is the treasurer of the WVU chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America and a member of the WVU Dance Ensemble. Rachel is currently an intern with the Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce, where she single-handedly designs, writes and edits the monthly newsletter. She also works part-time at Guess. Writing, dancing and fashion are all passions of Rachel’s. In her free time, she enjoys getting coffee, shopping (especially for high heels and dresses), tanning, sushi, reading, listening to music and being a closet movie buff. Rachel’s hometown is Pittsburgh, PA, where she hopes to return to live and work someday at a public relations agency.