samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Stay Productive After Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Its mid-semester, fall break has come and gone and you’re finding it hard to stay motivated. You’re knee-deep in assignments, exams are more frequent and you really can’t afford to lose momentum. This is called ‘crunch time.’ The best way you can guarantee that you stay motivated and productive during this time is to prepare. Here are some tips that will ensure productivity this fall:

1. First, create a workspace. Find a place that will make you want to focus on what you’re doing. Stay away from loud places or where you can get easily distracted. The library is a reliable option.

2. Dedicate time to planning ahead. A few minutes in the morning or evening to plan for the day or even for the week ahead will allow you move from task to task with ease. Have internship application deadlines coming up? This is the time to make sure your calendar is updated.

3. Set goals and strive to achieve them. Maybe it’s to update your resume or apply to that spring internship. When you set goals, you’re giving yourself something to strive for. Motivation is key.

4. Know when you’re the most productive. Everyone has that window of time during the day when they are the most focused. Use that to your advantage and get the harder tasks out of the way first. You’ll find yourself crossing things off your list in no time.   

5. Know the resources your school has made available to you. If you’re struggling with a class or need someone to proofread your English paper, know where you can go to get that help. It’s easy to fall behind and now that we’re mid-way through the semester, you shouldn’t waste any time. 

6. Keep a positive attitude. Like most things in life, being productive requires a good attitude. Don’t linger on what you didn’t get done, instead be happy with what you did accomplish. Being positive is like doing yourself a favor, positive attitude = less worry = better sleep = a productive you tomorrow.

Ashley a senior from Virginia Beach, VA attending WVU. She is currently majoring in Print Journalism and minoring in Spanish. After graduating in May 2016, she hopes to start her career by writing for a magazine or online media company. Besides blogging, she enjoys the going to the beach, watching movies and spending time with the ones she loves. 
  I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.