How to Pack for Break… Without Overpacking

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Each of us knows the struggle of packing the right clothing for a trip, or rather the struggle not to overpack.  We’ve all heard that rolling clothes saves space in a suitcase, but what clothes should you roll into that tiny bag for spring break? Here’s your answer:

1. Jeans- Skinny or otherwise

2. Sneakers

3. Flip Flops

4. Ankle Boots

5. 1 Pair of Flats or Heels (whichever you will ACTUALLY wear)

6. A Light Jacket

7. 3 or 4 Casual Tee-Shirts

8. 1 Long-sleeved Shirt

9. Black Leggings

10. Skirt

11. Comfy Button Down Shirt

12. Shorts

13. Black Cami

14. White Cami

15. Body Suit or Top for a Night Out

16. Swimsuit

17. A Hat

18. Sunglasses

Tips:

Pack clothes that can be layered

Wear the boots on the trip so you don’t have to pack them

Take advantage of the laundry machine- only pack enough for one week and then wash!

Don’t pack a formal outfit unless absolutely necessary- instead pair versatile basics with statement jewelry to save room.

Borrow big/little sister’s clothes at home if they fit!

If you’re heading to the beach for break, don’t forget to pack an outfit for a big party!

And above all…HAVE A BLAST!

I am a sophomore at West Virginia University. I am majoring in English and History, with hopes of becoming a professor or a lawyer. On campus I am a member of Alpha Omicron Pi, the Honors College, and of course Her Campus! In my free time, I can be found cooking, reading, and playing with my guinea pigs.
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!