The Holiday Table: Recipes For The Most Wonderful Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

It’s the Holiday season again! Follow these 5 recipes for delicious, easy holiday appetizers and you’ll leave all of those holiday party guests wanting more!

Toasted Ravioli

Recipe from Food Network

Ingredients:

¾ – 1 lb of small (fresh) ravioli – meat and/or cheese

3 eggs, beaten

1 and ½ cups milk

2 cups breadcrumbs

3 tbs (finely) chopped fresh parsley

1 tsp (finely) chopped fresh rosemary

Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

Vegetable oil (for frying)

½ cup grated parmesan cheese

marinara dipping sauce

Whisk eggs and milk in one dish and mix the breadcrumbs, parsley, rosemary, and salt and pepper in another dish. Dip the ravioli into the egg and milk dish and cover it in the breadcrumb mixture. Spread the ravioli on a baking sheet and freeze for around 15 minutes. Heat the vegetable oil on a skillet at about 350 degrees. Fry the ravioli in batches for about 4-6 minutes each – until golden brown. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve with the marinara dipping sauce! 

Stuffed Baby Potatoes 

Fun Fact: this appetizer is under 100 calories! 

Recipe from My Recipes

Ingredients:

16 small red potatoes

Salt and pepper

6 slices of bacon

½ cup of reduced-fat sour cream

3 tablespoons of snipped fresh chives

Scrub the potatoes well and put them in a pan filled with cold water. Add the salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat, turning until crisp for about 12 minutes. Drain on paper towels and when cool, crumble. Cut each potato in half crosswise. Trim a small slice off of the bottom so that it will stand up right. Remove center of the potato leaving a ¼- inch border. Put the potato flesh in a bowl and mash with sour cream; season with salt and pepper. Fold in crumbled bacon and fill each potato with the sour cream mixture and sprinkle chives on top!

Bacon-Arugula-Apple Bites

Recipe from My Recipes 

Ingredients

Red Delicious apple slices

Lemon juice

Garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese

Bacon, cooked and crumbled

Baby arugula sprigs

Freshly cracked pepper

Toss the apple slices in lemon juice and pat dry. Spread each one with about 2 tsp. of garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese. Top with bacon, baby arugula springs, and freshly cracked pepper!

Tortellini Caprese Bites

Recipe from My Recipes 

Ingredients:

1 (9-oz.) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini

3 cups halved grape tomatoes

3 (8-oz.) containers fresh small mozzarella cheese balls

60 (6-inch) wooden skewers

Prepare the tortellini according to the package directions. Rinse under cold running water. Thread 1 tomato half, 1 cheese ball, another tomato half, and 1 tortellini onto each skewer. Place the skewers onto a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour basil vinaigrette over skewers, turning to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Place the skewers onto a serving platter and sprinkle with salt and pepper and discard any remaining basil vinaigrette.

Christmas Tree Roll-Ups

Recipe from Betty Crocker 

Ingredients

1 package (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened

½ cup chopped drained roasted red bell peppers (from 7.25-oz. jar)

¼ cup chopped ripe olives

¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves

¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese

4 spinach-flavor flour tortillas (8 to 10 inches in diameter)

Ripe olive pieces

In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except for the tortillas and olive pieces. Divide the mixture among the tortillas, spreading towards the edges. Roll up tightly. Press each tortilla roll into triangle shapes using your fingers. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. To serve, cut rolls into ½-inch slices. Place olive piece at bottom of each triangle to look like a tree trunk and secre it with a toothpick!