This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Fashion Subscriptions

Everyone has a style or fashion statement to make.  The hard part is not going overboard on the quantity of clothes and accessories we buy. Now, there are fashion subscriptions. Services offering fashion pieces to fit your budget and style, while also limiting the number of products you receive.

Stitch Fix

Stitch Fix is a fashion subscription service that caters to both men and women.  As a customer, you will be paired up with a personal stylist who will pick clothing and accessories for your before each fix.  Each box or “fix” contains 5 items.  When requesting a fix you can ask for items for a specific occasion, or be surprised.  Fixes are scheduled to arrive weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, or whenever you request one, whatever suits your fashion needs.  Each box costs a minimum of $20 to receive.   The $20 fee covers the first $20 of whatever you decided to purchase from the box.  If you purchase more than that, then you are responsible for paying the rest of the cost.  Should you receive a fix and not wish to purchase anything inside, then the $20 fee goes to your account as credit for the next fix.  Stitch Fix has a detailed survey concerning your fashion needs, such as size, color, cut, budget, and occasion, which you are free to update at any time.  You are also able to rate your fix online after each time to improve the quality of your fix.  After reviewing your fix, don’t forget to check out Stitch Fix’s fashion blog on how to style your new wears.  You can even send in a question and be advised by a true stylist within 24 hours!

Fabletics

Kate Hudson’s brand of athletic wear has a subscription service!  While you can shop as a one-time guest, the VIP Membership has too many perks to pass up.  As a VIP Member, you receive special offers every month, as well as discounted rates and more clothing options.  You simply take the style quiz, and shop away.  Every month you have the option to shop, or opt out for the month. If you forget to opt out for the month and don’t shop, you are charged a fee that goes toward your account as credit for your next buy.  This subscription is perfect for girls on the go or exercise junkies.  But if that doesn’t sound like you, no worries! Fabletics also has brands for men, everyday children’s clothing, and women’s clothes as well!

Cratejoy

One could get lost in looking at the many subscription boxes on Cratejoy.  This service not only caters to fashionistas, but also has boxes for Home and Living, Food and Beverage, Pets, and more.  Businesses list their subscriptions for each category on the website, and Cratejoy members review them.  In each category is a themed box to choose from. Clothing subscriptions range anywhere from $8-$50 a month, so it is perfect for a girl on a budget.  Cratejoy updates their website frequently, picking up more businesses and deals all the time.  Not only is this a good way to get your fashion hit for the month, but Cratejoy also offers tips on how to start a successful subscription business for those entrepreneurs in the audience. 

Hanee21

This subscription service uses “up and coming” brands in order to accommodate your budget while also making sure you stay fashionable.  While Hanee21 does have an online store, they also have a variety of monthly subscription boxes, tailored to fit your style.  Each box contains different items, so you can even subscribe to multiple boxes.  The monthly subscription costs $16-$35 dollars, and if you decide to keep all items, there is no extra cost!  There are different style options for the boxes as well as reviews from past months, so you can decide which box suits you.

MM.LaFleur

The Bento Box from MM.LaFleur may be more expensive than some, but don’t let that throw you.  Not being a true subscription service, Bento Boxes can be requested whenever and there is no commitment to buy anything.  You simply complete a style quiz and are paired with a personal stylist who finds clothing to suit your unique needs.  This site is dedicated to professional clothes and office-wear, so it is perfect for those of your who are heading into the professional world as new college graduates.  Each box contains 4 to 6 pieces of clothing, in sizes ranging from 0P to 16.  It is free to try a Bento Box and all returns and shipping are free.  If you need to see what kind of clothing you may be sent, check out their online store as well!

I am a sophomore at West Virginia University. I am majoring in English and History, with hopes of becoming a professor or a lawyer. On campus I am a member of Alpha Omicron Pi, the Honors College, and of course Her Campus! In my free time, I can be found cooking, reading, and playing with my guinea pigs.
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!