Fall Fest Fashion Do’s And Dont’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.
Let’s be honest. We are not extremely excited for the first day of classes at WVU, nor do we care about the generic syllabus day where we learn the rights and the wrongs of skipping class throughout the semester. The only thing we strategically plan out in April while we schedule our Monday classes for the following year’s semester is whether we need to use one of our three University absences for Fall Fest. If any of your classes end before 3:00pm then you are golden, however, if you are expecting a class to end or start later than 3:00pm then you best believe that none of those students will be attending your General Elective class. It is the middle of August and the sun is hot and the beer is cold, and the last thing a WVU student wants to do is awkwardly walk past frat row where every person on campus will be day drinking. It is the only time of the year the University actually provides us with a completely FREE event with multiple bands and singers, so why should we not take advantage of this opportunity? 

However, even though the sun will be out and the music will be loud there are some Fall Fest fashion dos and dont’s I highly advise you consider. 

1.) DO NOT WEAR FLOWER CROWNS
For the sake of your reputation on campus please do not wear a flower crown to Fall Fest. If you have not gotten the memo already they are not cute. Unless you are the epitome of a flower child and grew up in the Flower Power days, then save yourself the trouble and discard all of your flower headband purchases. No matter how many times you pose in front of the mirror with a peace sign and a duck face you will not look like a cute hippie. 

2.) DO NOT WEAR LOW-RISE PANTS WITH CROP TOPS
I don’t care if you have the body of a Victoria’s Secret model, NEVER wear a pair of low-rise jeans or shorts with a cropped top. Crop tops are meant to be worn with high waisted shorts, jeans, and skirts. They are not meant to show from your bra line down to your bikini line. Trust me nobody wants to see your stomach.

3.) DO DRESS CUTE AND CASUAL
Fall Fest is not a time to wear a tight body con dress and a pair of wedges or heels. You will be out all day and night so cute comfort is the best option. Wearing a cute sandal or flat heeled shoe will save you from the throbbing pain from walking up and down frat row. Keep summer festival fashion in mind, you would not wear an extravagant outfit to Coachella would you? 

4.) DO WEAR THE APPROPRIATE AND PROPER BRA FOR YOUR OUTFIT
Specific shirts call for specific bras. Attempting to wear a bra when wearing an open back cropped top or shirt can look trashy without intending too. Make sure to wear strapless back bras like sticky-boobs, fashion tape, or petals. Don’t be the girl pulling a Regina George with a bright colored bra under a neutral shirt either. Proper bras are always a must, and wearing the incorrect bra or bandeau can completely ruin your outfit.

5.) DO WEAR PALAZZO PANTS AND BRALETTES
What is better than wearing a loose-fitting pair of flared pants that are comfortable, cute, and high-waisted? Palazzo pants were a popular fashion for the festtival season this summer and are a hot trend that will be carried into the fall season. Pairing the palazzo pants with a cut-away bralette is the perfect combination that can be easily transformed from a day to evening outfit. This outfit is perfect for the daytime activities, but then easily becomes a perfect cute outfit for the concert at night. 

6.) DO WEAR PRINTED TWO PIECES  
Printed two pieces available in crop tops paired with shorts, skirts, or pants are a hit this summer season. This key statement outfit has ben worn by celebrities Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, Beyonce, Lucy Hale, and more. Not only does the outfit incorporate fun and bright prints, but it is an easy go to outfit. The only thing you will need to do to complete the outfit is to accessorize! It is the perfect concert and musical festival outfit for the sunny weather.
Fashion Merchandising major with a minor in Business Administration Senior at West Virginia University From Pittsburgh PA