jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

There are so many things I could express to say how perfect you are to me, but they would never actually do you justice.  You without a doubt are the most incredible human being that has ever been in my life. I don’t think I will ever be able to express in words how much you truly mean to me, but right now I’m going to try my absolute best!

From the first day I was born you have been right by my side. I remember playing sick in elementary school just so I could come stay at your house.  You continuously have found ways since I was a child to make me feel so special.  I spent almost every day with you when I was a child, and now I miss every one of those moments. But, we still manage to talk on the phone every week now that I am away at school and I feel just as close to you.

Gram, thank you so much for loving me always will all of your heart. Your love is so genuine and special it will never be able to be replaced. I’ve never felt like I had to be anyone else but myself around you. Knowing you and looking up to you has allowed me to prosper into the woman I want to be.

Gram, thank you for showing me what a mother looks like. You raised seven children while pap was at work, and they are the most respectful and strong individuals, just like you.  

Gram, thank you so much for all of the unforgettable holidays at your home.  You are the most unreal cook and I don’t know how I will ever go without your delicious desserts, and the most scrumptious meals. I’m so thankful that I’ve grown up by your side and maybe one day I will be able to take a chance at one of your recipe books.

Gram, its hard to believe that you might not always be with me one day, but the stories I will be able to tell my children about how amazing their GG was are endless. You without a doubt are my whole heart, and the most precious person in my life.

I promise with everything in me to always work as hard as I can to meet my goals. I promise to always trust my heart with everything I do. But, above all I promise to always be your girl.

XOXO

Hello! I was born and raised in a small town south of Pittsburgh called Uniontown. I’m currently attending West Virginia University where I’m studying Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations, and minoring in Communications. My activities on campus include blogging for HerCampus WVU, The Mountaineer Maniacs, Chi Alpha and  Alpha Phi! I love traveling, adventuring, taking pictures, and Jesus! xoxo  
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!