Couture Week Spring 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

The walking, wearable pieces of art ensure that nothing feels more like a modern day fairytale than Paris Couture Week. 

Alexandre Vauthier

Emerald and black ruled the runway during Alexandre Vauthier’s show in the forms of relaxed rompers and dresses and strong, statement-making outerwear. The easy fit of these pieces evokes a devil-may-care vibe, while the eye-catching fabrics insist on a night out. All perfectly paired with sheer stockings, knee-high boots and barely-there make-up, these looks are effortlessly and insanely chic. 

Elie Saab

Elie Saab’s runway was full of lace, feathers and sparkling embellishments in muted tones like powder pinks, blue-grays and elegant ivories. Everything from high necklines to deep v-necks and long to short hemlines accompanied Saab’s signature belt at the natural waist. 

Atelier Versace

This season Atelier Versace put a modern spin on 1960s mod tomboy trends. Bell bottom suits were ultra sleek in jet black and bright white, while evening dresses followed the same mono-hue trend with asymmetrical necklines and hemlines. Transparent fabrics and killer heels gave the dresses their edge and ensured that they were not too feminine. To top off the rock star looks, the models were sporting messy hairdos and smokey eye make-up. 

Feature image from twitter.com/ElieSaabWorld

Alexandre Vauthier 

Elie Saab images from vogue.uk.co

Atelier Versace images from style.com

Madalyn is a journalism graduate student at West Virginia University. In 2016 she graduated with a B.S. in journalism from WVU. She also completed a minor in Spanish language, literature and linguistics. When she is not studying or working, Madalyn enjoys reading, exercising (especially running, hiking and cycling), playing with her dogs, art and fashion.