College Make-Up Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Something I think all college girls can agree on is that we have a serious lack of time. Juggling a full schedule of classes and a social life can really take a toll on a girl’s make-up regime. Regardless, we are girls and beauty is something that is extremely important to us all—whether or not we like to admit it. To make things easier, I have included my eight cult favorite products that can be transitioned easily from day to night. It does not have to take a lot to get your desired look.

1. Naked 2 Palette: This is the best eyeshadow palette out there. It is perfect for not only everyday use but nighttime as well. If you’re not willing to spend the slight splurge, there are great alternatives like Nyx’s Natural Palette.

2. Make-Up For Ever Liquid Foundation: An amazing foundation! It has just the right amount of coverage and looks great in photos. Apply with your beauty blender and you’re good to go! A great inexpensive alternative is Cover Girl’s Ready Set Gorgeous.

3. Laguna Bronzer: Nars outdid themselves with this bronzer. A cheaper option would be Rimmel’s Natural Bronzer.

4. Benefit Lollitint: A tinted cheekstain is perfect for getting ready quickly, and this one serves as a lip stain too.

5. Urban Decay Eyeshadown Primer in Sin: Eyeshadow primer is essential, and Urban Decay provides a wide range of different colors. I love sin because it gives the eyeshadow a pop of sparkle.

6. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive: These lip balms are inexpensive, highly pigmented, and long lasting. The color, Elusive, is a natural pinkish mauve that is perfect for anytime of day.

7. Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara: A nice, lengthening mascara is a great way to make your eyes pop. I like to apply two coats of Loreal’s Voluminous Million Lashes, and the result is great.

8. Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion: Lastly is a good eyeliner. While I don’t recommend eyeliner for everyday, it is great to have a good quality one that won’t smudge when you go out at night!