Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Celebrities

Daniel Brewster

By Jessica Rangel
August 6, 2014 - 10:11pm

Meet Daniel Brewster, a campus celebrity! Brewster is a well respected professor at WVU with his outspoken, yet honest teachings. In addition he is a public figure on campus for his involvement in student organizations, especially the LGBT community. His story of becoming who he is has been documented in the video "Enough is Enough". Brewster's influence has not only been on his students, but he has had a noteable impact on the WVU and Morgantown community.  Q: When deciding a career path, what led you to becoming a professor? READ MORE

Dustin Garrison

By Alex Henderson
August 3, 2014 - 10:49pm

READ MORE

Chris Nyden

By Jessica Colacicco
April 21, 2014 - 8:20pm

Meet Chris Nyden, this week’s campus celebrity! Chris is a 21 year-old economics major that’s driven, motivated and truly passionate about West Virginia University. Aside from being an active member of SAE, he is also this year’s recently elected Student Body President. He’s been active in the student government since he arrived on campus in 2010 as a freshman. When he’s not held up in his office taking care of his presidential duties, you can find him watching baseball or volunteering for the WVU baseball team.  READ MORE

Deonna Gandy

By Emma Grossman
April 15, 2014 - 12:57pm

This weeks Campus Celeb is Deonna Gandy!  She is a motivated, go-getter with a passion for fashion.  Deonna is a Business Marketing major involved in several curricular activities.  Aside from being a Victoria’s Secret Pink Campus Rep and President of NSCS, she is also a Resident Assistant for the Honors College at WVU and is apart of a club called "I'm that Girl" which is a female empowerment group in her hall.  Her interest in fashion began when she was given the chance to model for a number of companies including Nordstrom, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rue21, and Dick's Sporting Goods.   She hopes that one day she can blend her passion for marketing and fashion into a career. READ MORE

Jason Kuntz

By Georgia Jablon
April 7, 2014 - 6:33pm

Meet Jay Kuntz, this week’s campus celebrity! Jay Kuntz, a 24 year-old graduate student studying athletic administration and coaching, is more than just your typical WVU student. He is the graduate assistant for the WVU basketball team and has been working with Coach Huggins and his staff since they arrived at WVU in 2007. When he’s not busy rooting for the Mountaineers you can catch Jay cheering for The New York Nicks, Yankees, and Jets. Q:What has been your favorite memory with WVU Basketball? READ MORE

Sara Love

By Emma Grossman
April 2, 2014 - 12:57am

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, Sara Love! She is an outgoing and hardworking student who is passionate about the fashion industry.  She currently serves an active role in several university organizations while also maintaining her event planning role as a WVU Rent the Runway campus representative.  She became a Rent the Runway campus representative during the Fall of 2013 and has continued to do an excellent job at planning and executing events and working with her team. Q: What attracted you to work with this company? READ MORE

Nathan Adrain

By Caroline Walker
March 23, 2014 - 10:28pm

This, 6’9 freshman, Nathan Adrian is hard to miss when walking around campus at WVU. Nathan is a starter on the WVU Men’s basketball team. He has an outstanding season; although they fell short of the NCAA tournament they are a young team who continues to progress.  Nathan is from Morgantown, WV. He is balancing being a student athlete majoring in pre business and economics but this doesn’t hold him back from giving his all out on the court.  Q: How do you feel about being a student athlete? READ MORE

The BendHer Brothers

By Jessica Rangel
March 19, 2014 - 8:13pm

Many times three’s a crowd, but when it comes to the Bendher Brothers, three’s a beat. The Bendher Brothers are three WVU students, Pasquale, Roy and Brendan. The trio is responsible for providing the sound, and sometimes the craziness, of the night. They play at local bars, as well as shows throughout the northeast coast.  READ MORE

Samantha Cart and Alexis Claassen

By Jess Holterhoff
February 26, 2014 - 9:46pm

On March 1st, Alexis and Sam will be holding the 3rd Annual Zumbathon to benefit The American Cancer Society. Every penny donated, collected and made at the event is donated! Last year the girls were able to raise $4,000. The event will be held this Saturday from 10 A.M. to 3 P.M. A five-dollar donation at the door guarantees you four hours of Zumba with professional instructors, a t-shirt and raffle tickets! READ MORE

Jake Evans

By Kalea Gunderson
February 24, 2014 - 4:41pm

A face already known to many on campus is Jake Evans.  He is currently on the SGA Board of Governors and is about to begin campaigning for Vice President. Jake is a Political Science major and plans to attend the WVU College of Law next fall. His past year with SGA was only successful, and he intends to continue that record into this next school year.  Remember to vote, March 4th – 6th! Q.  What were some highlights of your last year with SGA? READ MORE