Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Blog

Get in Touch With Your Latin Side: Zumba!

By Carly Smith
September 8, 2011 - 5:00pm

Do you need to pick up some new moves for the club? Or, do you want a fun way to exercise? This past week, I ventured out of my shell and tried Zumba, a blend of club and Latin dances to popular songs, at the Rec and I was pleasantly surprised. Zumba is offered a few times a week at the Student Rec Center and even at some residence halls. Check out when classes are offered and go! My experience was nerve-wracking, but turned out to be invigorating and refreshing. READ MORE

Get Her to the Greek

By Tori Stambaugh
September 6, 2011 - 10:11am

Most of you know that it's that time of year again. School starts, football season rolls around, and sorority recruitment begins. For girls, the decision to rush is a difficult one. Some girls may not know much about Greek life, others may not have any interest in rushing a sorority. For a lot of girls, it's a curiosity thing, like trying a new sport. During rush, girls go through and visit each house and meet a ton of girls from each sorority. Each night, the houses choose whom they want, and the girls choose which sorority they liked best. When bid day comes along at the end of the week, new pledge classes are born. READ MORE

Finding Yourself

By Emily Costello
September 1, 2011 - 11:20pm

Congratulations to all the new students on campus, and welcome back to the rest of you! There's so many opportunities that college presents to students - the ability to succeed and fail, meet new people, learn how to do a keg stand and exactly how to procrastinate. However, there's one thing that college has taught me that I think is the most valuable thing to learn while you're away from what you know in a completely foreign place - the ability to find yourself. READ MORE

10 Things To Do This Fall Semester

By Carly Smith
September 1, 2011 - 12:56am

Welcome back to WVU! As classes get underway, students and faculty are flooding the campus and making freshman feel at home. Although you may be drained of energy after starting off with Fall Fest, you may be wondering, "What can I do to get the most out of my fall semester?" In this blog, I will run you through the top 10 things you must fit in before finals week. READ MORE

5 Cheap Summer Date Ideas

By Becca Rich
May 5, 2011 - 4:33pm

After a long year of school, you may have found that you need to start watching what you spend. Now that you have more time to do things, but less money to spend, you may be wondering what there is to do that is cheap and fun. Movies and nice restaurants can be expensive, so I've decided to share a little insight on a few cheap dates that you can go on without breaking the bank. Next time you are feeling spontaneous or are in the mood for a little romance, give these dates a try. READ MORE

Just Say Yes!

By Emily Costello
April 30, 2011 - 3:16pm

I decided the best way to end this year of blogging would be to pass on a piece of advice that has launched my life in many directions this year. This would be the ability to try things and say yes. Over the past year, I spent a lot of time scared to try things because of the fear of rejection - and what became of all that fear? Nothing. Therefore, I decided to actually put myself out there for things I never thought I'd every try before. I'm now holding several positions amongst campus, I have an amazing opportunity to mentor foreign exchange students, I have more responsibilities within my sorority and all the while I've met and maintained new friends. READ MORE

Her Campus WVU's Favorite Summer Dresses

By Devin Sears
April 28, 2011 - 4:39pm

As soon as the sun starts to shine, West Virginia University girls love to break out their favorite sundresses! Whether meeting a friend for lunch or going on a hot date with a cutie, we have the perfect dress for you no matter what the occasion! Free People

Nothing screams romance like this floral print dress. The off-the-shoulder sleeves makes this dress perfect for hot summer nights. Pair this with either brown or nude sandals or heels and your date won't be able to resist you! READ MORE

Long Distance is the Wrong Distance

By Emily Spickler
April 23, 2011 - 11:04pm

READ MORE

5 Things To Try This Summer

By Emily Costello
April 23, 2011 - 10:18pm

Summer is a time to kick back, lie in the sun, and booze to most people - but why not try some new things to spice up your summer and make unforgettable memories? We only get one chance to live our life and as college students we're given three months a year to do absolutely nothing, which when we graduate will slowly grow into work and families. This is our time to do everything we want to do before the opportunity is no long there. READ MORE

The Mean Girl Generation: Part 2

By Becca Rich
April 13, 2011 - 2:58pm

In recent weeks, I have heard countless stories of "mean girls" in college. Emily Costello, another WVU Her Campus writer, wrote an awesome article on the mean girl generation back when the new year began. She hit the nail right on the head when she said that girls today are extremely competitive and feel that they need to be catty in order to be better. I want to add on to what she said and find out from you if I'm the only one that  finds this new trend ridiculous. READ MORE