Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Blog

Her Campus WVU's Favorite Summer Dresses

By Devin Sears
April 28, 2011 - 4:39pm

As soon as the sun starts to shine, West Virginia University girls love to break out their favorite sundresses! Whether meeting a friend for lunch or going on a hot date with a cutie, we have the perfect dress for you no matter what the occasion! Free People

Nothing screams romance like this floral print dress. The off-the-shoulder sleeves makes this dress perfect for hot summer nights. Pair this with either brown or nude sandals or heels and your date won't be able to resist you! READ MORE

Long Distance is the Wrong Distance

By Emily Spickler
April 23, 2011 - 11:04pm

READ MORE

5 Things To Try This Summer

By Emily Costello
April 23, 2011 - 10:18pm

Summer is a time to kick back, lie in the sun, and booze to most people - but why not try some new things to spice up your summer and make unforgettable memories? We only get one chance to live our life and as college students we're given three months a year to do absolutely nothing, which when we graduate will slowly grow into work and families. This is our time to do everything we want to do before the opportunity is no long there. READ MORE

The Mean Girl Generation: Part 2

By Becca Rich
April 13, 2011 - 2:58pm

In recent weeks, I have heard countless stories of "mean girls" in college. Emily Costello, another WVU Her Campus writer, wrote an awesome article on the mean girl generation back when the new year began. She hit the nail right on the head when she said that girls today are extremely competitive and feel that they need to be catty in order to be better. I want to add on to what she said and find out from you if I'm the only one that  finds this new trend ridiculous. READ MORE

5 Easy Ways You Can Help Japan

By Catalina Mejia
April 8, 2011 - 11:23pm

As many of you know, on Friday, March 11, 2011, Japan was hit by a 9.0 earthquake, then following the earthquake the coasts were hit with 97 feet tsunami waves. These events killed thousands and also left many homeless and injured. In response to the earthquake, many have offered help including President Obama, who is promising support to the stricken country. Unfortunately, Japan needs more than our support, and as a WVU student, you are probably thinking there is little you can do to help, but that isn't true. Here are 5 easy ways you can help the people of Japan get back on their feet. READ MORE

Bare-necessities

By Khylie Heins
April 1, 2011 - 11:59pm

The semester is coming to an end in only a little over a month. Spring break is over and done with, so what more does the collegiette™ have to look forward to? Summer! READ MORE

Her Campus WVU Gets a Behind-the-Scenes Interview with SGA Candidates!

By Devin Sears
April 1, 2011 - 12:50am

WVU Her Campus had the privilege to interview West Virginia University Presidential and Vice Presidential Candidates, Jason Bailey and Megan Callaghan. We have the real information as to Callaghan's Facebook relationship with opponent, Joe Harmon, and why this election campaign has been so negative. Read below for all of the scoop! WVU Her Campus: "How did you come up with your ticket name?"
Megan Callaghan: "The reason we came up with the name "Fusion" is because we wanted to fuse together the entire student body, such as the greeks and non-greeks, students and graduate students, and on and off campus students. We want to represent the students the best we can. The best way to come up with a solutions is through student input."...

It's More About Quality than Quantity at This Local "Hot Spot"

By Meg Workman
March 18, 2011 - 12:25am

Not many restaurants on West Virginia Universities campus serve organic, and locally purchased products. One exception is Richwood Grill located on Richwood Avenue tucked away behind campus. Although many of the items on their menu aren't student budget friendly, the quality of the produce and meats they serve are always seasonal, and always top quality. The owners, originally West Virginia natives, moved to Seattle, Washington for a few years but now reside in the college city of Morgantown. Their motto is to serve dished inspired by other cultures made with local products, and stand strong to their deeply settled roots in the mountain state. READ MORE

5 Recipes Under 500 Calories

By Chloe Detrick
March 17, 2011 - 12:49am

Ever have those days where you want to cook something healthy, but are tired of the usual salad or grilled chicken? Try these new ideas that are well under 500 calories, but are overly delicious!
  READ MORE

This Spring's Trends in Fashion and Make-up

By Rachel Borowski
March 10, 2011 - 9:40pm

In just about every magazine you pick up there's probably an article about the "latest spring trends," but who says that these styles are what's "in" right now? Girls, look no further - these are the REAL trends for West Virginia University's spring - styles that are actually in stores and attainable for any budget. Fashion READ MORE