Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Blog

Bare-necessities

By Khylie Heins
April 1, 2011 - 11:59pm

The semester is coming to an end in only a little over a month. Spring break is over and done with, so what more does the collegiette™ have to look forward to? Summer! READ MORE

Her Campus WVU Gets a Behind-the-Scenes Interview with SGA Candidates!

By Devin Sears
April 1, 2011 - 12:50am

WVU Her Campus had the privilege to interview West Virginia University Presidential and Vice Presidential Candidates, Jason Bailey and Megan Callaghan. We have the real information as to Callaghan's Facebook relationship with opponent, Joe Harmon, and why this election campaign has been so negative. Read below for all of the scoop! WVU Her Campus: "How did you come up with your ticket name?"
Megan Callaghan: "The reason we came up with the name "Fusion" is because we wanted to fuse together the entire student body, such as the greeks and non-greeks, students and graduate students, and on and off campus students. We want to represent the students the best we can. The best way to come up with a solutions is through student input."...

It's More About Quality than Quantity at This Local "Hot Spot"

By Meg Workman
March 18, 2011 - 12:25am

Not many restaurants on West Virginia Universities campus serve organic, and locally purchased products. One exception is Richwood Grill located on Richwood Avenue tucked away behind campus. Although many of the items on their menu aren't student budget friendly, the quality of the produce and meats they serve are always seasonal, and always top quality. The owners, originally West Virginia natives, moved to Seattle, Washington for a few years but now reside in the college city of Morgantown. Their motto is to serve dished inspired by other cultures made with local products, and stand strong to their deeply settled roots in the mountain state. READ MORE

5 Recipes Under 500 Calories

By Chloe Detrick
March 17, 2011 - 12:49am

Ever have those days where you want to cook something healthy, but are tired of the usual salad or grilled chicken? Try these new ideas that are well under 500 calories, but are overly delicious!
  READ MORE

This Spring's Trends in Fashion and Make-up

By Rachel Borowski
March 10, 2011 - 9:40pm

In just about every magazine you pick up there's probably an article about the "latest spring trends," but who says that these styles are what's "in" right now? Girls, look no further - these are the REAL trends for West Virginia University's spring - styles that are actually in stores and attainable for any budget. Fashion READ MORE

University Honor Codes: How Much Morality Do We Owe Our School?

By Jessica Compton
March 10, 2011 - 8:54pm

Recently, Brandon Davies, a sophomore at Brigham Young University, was suspended from his spot on the NCAA basketball team. His crime? Having premarital sex with his girlfriend. READ MORE

18 Hours

By Emily Costello
March 5, 2011 - 10:01pm

There's a lot of community service that goes unnoticed here at WVU, but one that I think needs to have more attention was none other than the Dance Marathon hosted this past Saturday. It was my first time ever participating in an 18 hour straight community service event, but I figured I'd try it out. It seems sort of intimidating at first, but with the support of your friends and everyone you meet at the marathon, it's more than accomplishable. READ MORE

Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa

By Hadley Kunz
March 3, 2011 - 10:16pm

This past Friday, West Virginia University hosted the melding of old and new as Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa shared the stage at our very own Coliseum. I was most impressed by the impeccable turnout, seeing as this past weekend also held Penn State's biggest party of the year- State Patties. But whether students decided to opt out Penn State's bash or if they squeezed them both into one crazy weekend, WVU students were in high attendance to the concert. READ MORE

Different Opinions on Tudor's Biscuit World!

By Meg Workman
February 27, 2011 - 10:20pm

Tudor's Biscuit World is a new restaurant located on the Evansdale campus at West Virginia University. With locations all over West Virginia, much anticipation surrounded this particular opening. Being a resident of the state, I can say that Tudor's is what we associate with "starting our day the homemade way," but do non-residents have the same reaction? This question sparked my interest, and thus the "Tudor's Biscuit World Challenge" was created. READ MORE

Spring is in the Air!

By Khylie Heins
February 26, 2011 - 12:36am

It was only a week ago that I was crying on High Street because the 4 degree weather was going to "make my feel fall off." Last week, however, my feet remained very warm and snug in my gladiator flip-flops while I walked to class (aka day-drank) in the 70 degree, mostly sunny, weather. When it's freezing and snowing outside- no one wants to go to class. Similarly, when it's beautifully sunny outside- no one will want to go to class. Many of us WVU students would much rather ditch our priorities and take a stroll around town with our buddies. READ MORE