Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Blog

How To Make Campus Feel More Like Home

By Taylor Deer
October 21, 2014 - 1:19pm

Moving away from home and going to college is definitely a scary transition.  Exciting.. but scary.  Everyone worries about the same typical things such as who they be best friends with, if they will have people to sit with in classes, and how they will deal with going to school with several thousand people in their “grade.” READ MORE

Surprisingly Unsurprising: Good Guys At WVU

By Jessica Rangel
October 6, 2014 - 11:45am

I’ll first start off by saying, maybe I have been lucky. I have had guys bring me flowers, and have planned original dates. These guys have supported my ambitions, and would be there to talk if I was upset. All in all, I would say my college dating experiences have been positive ones. Yet, I feel as if my experience stands alone. Time after time I hear girls complaining what a guy did or did not do with the overall message that there is no good guys at WVU. It then leads me to think, have I met the only good ones?  READ MORE

Why I Don't Wear Heels

By Jessica Rangel
September 21, 2014 - 10:36pm

Before I explain my reasoning, I will start off by saying there is an occasion for heels: date parties, formals, possibly to complete an outfit on Saturday. Heels can be acceptable when it is the right time and at the right place. But at the end of the day I truly believe wearing heels in this town is absurd.  First off, we live in West Virginia. Call me crazy but I would not consider West Virginia the mecca of fashion. Dressing in little black dresses and Steve Madden heels seems overdone for this state. When moving here I pictured going out in casual clothes, not Cellar Wednesdays in clothes that would make most fathers cringe. It is too much for a state where camo is sold regularly.  READ MORE

What do I want to do with the rest of my life anyways?

By Taylor Deer
September 17, 2014 - 8:20pm

When I was growing up I went through several phases when it came to how I answered the question.. “What do you want to do when you grow up?” At first it was a princess.. then a pop star (aka I wanted to be THE OLD Brittney Spears or Baby Spice).. then I wanted to be a doctor… then a forensic scientist, because what teenager doesn’t love watching CSI and want to work for Horatio Caine at some point in their life… and several other phases until I finally had came to college and actually had to make a decision and answer that dreadful “What do you want to do when you grow up,” question. READ MORE

Addicted to the Cell

By Rachel Charlip
September 9, 2014 - 9:24pm

This past weekend, I found myself being yelled at for being too attached to my phone on numerous occasions.  I mean we’ve all been there, when something major is going on in your life and there’s just that immediate need for communication, or when your surroundings call for more human than phone interaction because something exciting is going on.  READ MORE

#frontlikeyoureperfect

By Rachel Charlip
September 2, 2014 - 3:20pm

Two days ago, Lena Dunham woke up like this.  Do you think Beyoncé Knowles wakes up like this? Who knows, she’s Queen Bee so she most likely wakes up with makeup done, Louboutins securely on her feet and wedding ring shining to perfection.  Or at least that’s what her song “Flawless” leads us to believe when she says “My rock, flawless/I woke up like this/We flawless, ladies tell 'em.”  And if you go to Instagram to view the Queen in her natural habitat, you’ll realize just how perfectly those lyrics match her depiction of herself.   READ MORE

Jandora Media

By Jessica Rangel
August 28, 2014 - 11:10am

Remember our Campus Celeb Nick Jandora? He is back with new productions! "This is a collection of my work from 2013 to 2014. It everything Ive filmed this year from music videos to iphone app commercials to documenting a tour with a folk band. " - Nick Jandora Jandora Media also shoots everything from tv commercials, promotional videos, weddings, music videos, and journalistic videos. You can read more about his work here! READ MORE

Instagram Gone Basic

By Carissa Hyland
August 14, 2014 - 3:26pm

We are all guilty of scrolling through Instagram at least 10 times on a slow day. If you haven’t scrolled through Instagram and at least made one comment about someones picture in your head you are obviously lying to yourself. Let’s be honest ladies some of these pictures we have seen time and time again. I’m sure we are all guilty of posting a few ourselves. Food The “wife me up” pic because they just actually cooked for real for the first time in a while and…They’re SINGLE!!! READ MORE

The Guys You'll Meet At WVU

By Jessica Colacicco
August 6, 2014 - 10:43pm

The Frat Star – He’s the one you love to party with and he’s always ready to throw down. You’ll find him either rocking the preppy boy look or his letters and usually he’s quoting something that can be related back to “Total Frat Move.” He’s the perfect accessory to any date party or formal. Is he a huge tool bag or total sweet heart? It’s up to you to figure it out.  READ MORE

An Australian Adventure

By Megan Hoel
August 3, 2014 - 10:42pm

Lets be honest, every college student considers studying/working abroad at least once during the duration of their college career.  Whether they have a bad case of wanderlust or just want to branch away from the norm for a little, traveling abroad can be both exhilarating and frightening.   READ MORE