Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Blog

Types of Studiers

By Gabrielle Russillo
April 28, 2014 - 4:30pm

Finals are right around the corner, and we all know we are DONE with all this school nonsense. We would much rather be on the beach somewhere with a beer in our hands. However, for every finals week there is a specific studier, which one do you think you are…? THE CRAMER. READ MORE

Tips and Tricks to Beach Safety

By Kristen Cosner
April 22, 2014 - 3:43pm

As the semester winds down, we have traded cold, snowy days for warm, sunny days, our classes for next fall are scheduled, finals are near, and for seniors: your days as an undergrad are dwindling fast. Summer break cues the start of warm nights, bonfires, and beach! Whether you go to tan or catch some waves, the beach is one of the most tranquil atmospheres. However, sometimes nature has something else to say. Check out these tips and tricks to keep your beach trip pleasant:   READ MORE

How to Ace Your Next Interview

By Kristen Cosner
April 16, 2014 - 12:52pm

Summer is fast approaching. That means right now is prime-time for job and internship interviews for the summer! Here’s how to ace your next interview. READ MORE

A More Positive You

By Kristen Cosner
April 7, 2014 - 6:54pm

The Dos and Don’ts of Making a More Positive You   Your rent is due. You have a flat tire. You failed a test. Let’s face it, when it rains, it pours. It is easy to feel like the whole world is against you sometimes. It is time to ditch these negative thoughts and focus on all of the good in your life! Check out these dos and don’ts to make a more positive you: READ MORE

Dealing with a Mid-Semester Breakup

By Jessica Colacicco
April 2, 2014 - 12:50am

It’s the middle of the semester and everything in EVERY class seems to be due at the exact same time. Your stress level has reached an all-time high and you don’t think that you’re physically or mentally capable of handling anything else. Just when you think your stress level can’t get any higher, you find your relationship falling apart at the worst possible time. It was hard enough to stay focused with summer right around the corner, but add in an emotional breakup and it’s game over. Here are a few tips on how to get (and possibly keep) your ex off your mind, at least until the semester ends. Keep in mind what’s important READ MORE

5 Healthy (and Quiet) Snacks to Keep You Going All Day

By Kristen Cosner
March 23, 2014 - 11:11pm

We have all been there- you are in the middle of a completely silent class and your stomach growls. Or how about that person who is eating something crunchy in the middle of class? Focus = gone. Sometimes our classes keep us busy through breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. A collegiate has to eat! Instead of settling for a sugar-filled vending machine snack, try these simple snacks that will keep you full longer and not annoy your classmates:   READ MORE

HerCampus helps us survive Spring Break!

By Jessica Rangel
March 23, 2014 - 10:56pm

As a writer at HerCampus WVU for three years, I've been spoiled by HerCampus many times! They prefer to call it Survival Kits, but deep down they're spoiling us with love and goodies! This spring break season brought a Survival Kit that did not disappoint! With the gifts sent from HerCampus, and the sponsors, the HerWVU staff was able to prep and conquer Spring Break 2014! Our first gift got us beach ready! European Wax Center free wax coupons got us ready to get in our bikinis and hit the water! READ MORE

Spring Break Destinations 2014

By Victoria Vini
March 3, 2014 - 8:34pm

As students scramble to finish their midterm papers and portfolios, there is only one thing on their mind: spring break! Here are a few of the most popular spring break destinations for college students: Panama City Beach READ MORE

The Melting Pot of Bows and “Frockets”

By Gabrielle Russillo
March 3, 2014 - 8:26pm

It has come to my attention here at WVU that sometimes, (of course not all the time) different girls in sororities and different guys in fraternities let the name of their sorority or fraternity define them. Which is complete bullshit.  This is not the 1920’s anymore, where people could not expand their friendships outside of their nationality group. Except in this aspect it is totally not as serious. However, no one should think differently of the other person because of “what sorority or fraternity he/she are in”.  READ MORE

7 Problems Girls with Curly Hair Face

By Kristen Cosner
February 24, 2014 - 12:36am

1. Can't Touch This It’s an immediate reaction from friends, relatives, even strangers (aca-awkward) to want to touch our hair. What they don’t understand is this only results in a mess of frizz- which leads us to our second problem 2. Frizz Regardless of the many (MANY) products that claim that they eliminate frizz, somehow we still end up with a head full of it.  3.Round Brushes. Enough Said. READ MORE