Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Blog

Instagram Gone Basic

By Carissa Hyland
August 14, 2014 - 3:26pm

We are all guilty of scrolling through Instagram at least 10 times on a slow day. If you haven’t scrolled through Instagram and at least made one comment about someones picture in your head you are obviously lying to yourself. Let’s be honest ladies some of these pictures we have seen time and time again. I’m sure we are all guilty of posting a few ourselves. Food The “wife me up” pic because they just actually cooked for real for the first time in a while and…They’re SINGLE!!! READ MORE

The Guys You'll Meet At WVU

By Jessica Colacicco
August 6, 2014 - 10:43pm

The Frat Star – He’s the one you love to party with and he’s always ready to throw down. You’ll find him either rocking the preppy boy look or his letters and usually he’s quoting something that can be related back to “Total Frat Move.” He’s the perfect accessory to any date party or formal. Is he a huge tool bag or total sweet heart? It’s up to you to figure it out.  READ MORE

An Australian Adventure

By Megan Hoel
August 3, 2014 - 10:42pm

Lets be honest, every college student considers studying/working abroad at least once during the duration of their college career.  Whether they have a bad case of wanderlust or just want to branch away from the norm for a little, traveling abroad can be both exhilarating and frightening.   READ MORE

Types of Studiers

By Gabrielle Russillo
April 28, 2014 - 4:30pm

Finals are right around the corner, and we all know we are DONE with all this school nonsense. We would much rather be on the beach somewhere with a beer in our hands. However, for every finals week there is a specific studier, which one do you think you are…? THE CRAMER. READ MORE

Tips and Tricks to Beach Safety

By Kristen Cosner
April 22, 2014 - 3:43pm

As the semester winds down, we have traded cold, snowy days for warm, sunny days, our classes for next fall are scheduled, finals are near, and for seniors: your days as an undergrad are dwindling fast. Summer break cues the start of warm nights, bonfires, and beach! Whether you go to tan or catch some waves, the beach is one of the most tranquil atmospheres. However, sometimes nature has something else to say. Check out these tips and tricks to keep your beach trip pleasant:   READ MORE

How to Ace Your Next Interview

By Kristen Cosner
April 16, 2014 - 12:52pm

Summer is fast approaching. That means right now is prime-time for job and internship interviews for the summer! Here’s how to ace your next interview. READ MORE

A More Positive You

By Kristen Cosner
April 7, 2014 - 6:54pm

The Dos and Don’ts of Making a More Positive You   Your rent is due. You have a flat tire. You failed a test. Let’s face it, when it rains, it pours. It is easy to feel like the whole world is against you sometimes. It is time to ditch these negative thoughts and focus on all of the good in your life! Check out these dos and don’ts to make a more positive you: READ MORE

Dealing with a Mid-Semester Breakup

By Jessica Colacicco
April 2, 2014 - 12:50am

It’s the middle of the semester and everything in EVERY class seems to be due at the exact same time. Your stress level has reached an all-time high and you don’t think that you’re physically or mentally capable of handling anything else. Just when you think your stress level can’t get any higher, you find your relationship falling apart at the worst possible time. It was hard enough to stay focused with summer right around the corner, but add in an emotional breakup and it’s game over. Here are a few tips on how to get (and possibly keep) your ex off your mind, at least until the semester ends. Keep in mind what’s important READ MORE

5 Healthy (and Quiet) Snacks to Keep You Going All Day

By Kristen Cosner
March 23, 2014 - 11:11pm

We have all been there- you are in the middle of a completely silent class and your stomach growls. Or how about that person who is eating something crunchy in the middle of class? Focus = gone. Sometimes our classes keep us busy through breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. A collegiate has to eat! Instead of settling for a sugar-filled vending machine snack, try these simple snacks that will keep you full longer and not annoy your classmates:   READ MORE

HerCampus helps us survive Spring Break!

By Jessica Rangel
March 23, 2014 - 10:56pm

As a writer at HerCampus WVU for three years, I've been spoiled by HerCampus many times! They prefer to call it Survival Kits, but deep down they're spoiling us with love and goodies! This spring break season brought a Survival Kit that did not disappoint! With the gifts sent from HerCampus, and the sponsors, the HerWVU staff was able to prep and conquer Spring Break 2014! Our first gift got us beach ready! European Wax Center free wax coupons got us ready to get in our bikinis and hit the water! READ MORE