Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Blog

Addicted to the Cell

By Rachel Charlip
September 9, 2014 - 9:24pm

This past weekend, I found myself being yelled at for being too attached to my phone on numerous occasions.  I mean we’ve all been there, when something major is going on in your life and there’s just that immediate need for communication, or when your surroundings call for more human than phone interaction because something exciting is going on.  READ MORE

#frontlikeyoureperfect

By Rachel Charlip
September 2, 2014 - 3:20pm

Two days ago, Lena Dunham woke up like this.  Do you think Beyoncé Knowles wakes up like this? Who knows, she’s Queen Bee so she most likely wakes up with makeup done, Louboutins securely on her feet and wedding ring shining to perfection.  Or at least that’s what her song “Flawless” leads us to believe when she says “My rock, flawless/I woke up like this/We flawless, ladies tell 'em.”  And if you go to Instagram to view the Queen in her natural habitat, you’ll realize just how perfectly those lyrics match her depiction of herself.   READ MORE

Jandora Media

By Jessica Rangel
August 28, 2014 - 11:10am

Remember our Campus Celeb Nick Jandora? He is back with new productions! "This is a collection of my work from 2013 to 2014. It everything Ive filmed this year from music videos to iphone app commercials to documenting a tour with a folk band. " - Nick Jandora Jandora Media also shoots everything from tv commercials, promotional videos, weddings, music videos, and journalistic videos. You can read more about his work here! READ MORE

Instagram Gone Basic

By Carissa Hyland
August 14, 2014 - 3:26pm

We are all guilty of scrolling through Instagram at least 10 times on a slow day. If you haven’t scrolled through Instagram and at least made one comment about someones picture in your head you are obviously lying to yourself. Let’s be honest ladies some of these pictures we have seen time and time again. I’m sure we are all guilty of posting a few ourselves. Food The “wife me up” pic because they just actually cooked for real for the first time in a while and…They’re SINGLE!!! READ MORE

The Guys You'll Meet At WVU

By Jessica Colacicco
August 6, 2014 - 10:43pm

The Frat Star – He’s the one you love to party with and he’s always ready to throw down. You’ll find him either rocking the preppy boy look or his letters and usually he’s quoting something that can be related back to “Total Frat Move.” He’s the perfect accessory to any date party or formal. Is he a huge tool bag or total sweet heart? It’s up to you to figure it out.  READ MORE

An Australian Adventure

By Megan Hoel
August 3, 2014 - 10:42pm

Lets be honest, every college student considers studying/working abroad at least once during the duration of their college career.  Whether they have a bad case of wanderlust or just want to branch away from the norm for a little, traveling abroad can be both exhilarating and frightening.   READ MORE

Types of Studiers

By Gabrielle Russillo
April 28, 2014 - 4:30pm

Finals are right around the corner, and we all know we are DONE with all this school nonsense. We would much rather be on the beach somewhere with a beer in our hands. However, for every finals week there is a specific studier, which one do you think you are…? THE CRAMER. READ MORE

Tips and Tricks to Beach Safety

By Kristen Cosner
April 22, 2014 - 3:43pm

As the semester winds down, we have traded cold, snowy days for warm, sunny days, our classes for next fall are scheduled, finals are near, and for seniors: your days as an undergrad are dwindling fast. Summer break cues the start of warm nights, bonfires, and beach! Whether you go to tan or catch some waves, the beach is one of the most tranquil atmospheres. However, sometimes nature has something else to say. Check out these tips and tricks to keep your beach trip pleasant:   READ MORE

How to Ace Your Next Interview

By Kristen Cosner
April 16, 2014 - 12:52pm

Summer is fast approaching. That means right now is prime-time for job and internship interviews for the summer! Here’s how to ace your next interview. READ MORE

A More Positive You

By Kristen Cosner
April 7, 2014 - 6:54pm

The Dos and Don’ts of Making a More Positive You   Your rent is due. You have a flat tire. You failed a test. Let’s face it, when it rains, it pours. It is easy to feel like the whole world is against you sometimes. It is time to ditch these negative thoughts and focus on all of the good in your life! Check out these dos and don’ts to make a more positive you: READ MORE