Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Archives

An Open Letter To My Best Friend

By Jessica Colacicco
October 21, 2014 - 2:10pm

As an almost twenty-something year old college student, everything is constantly changing. From new classes, to new crushes, I can’t remember the last time anything in my life remained the same. In an ever-changing world, a girl needs some consistency to help keep her sane and a little faith to fall back on. I’ve found that faith in my best friend.    Dear Best Friend/Soulmate/Spirit Animal/Whatever else you want to call yourself.    READ MORE

Alyssa Benincosa

By Megan Hoel
October 21, 2014 - 1:29pm

Name: Alyssa Benincosa Hometown: Ivoryton, CT Major: Exercise Physiology Favorite Food: Canteen Mozz Sticks Dream Vacation: Australia Drink of choice: Diet Coke A secret talent I have is: I can wiggle my ears READ MORE

How To Make Campus Feel More Like Home

By Taylor Deer
October 21, 2014 - 1:19pm

Moving away from home and going to college is definitely a scary transition.  Exciting.. but scary.  Everyone worries about the same typical things such as who they be best friends with, if they will have people to sit with in classes, and how they will deal with going to school with several thousand people in their “grade.” READ MORE

Chelby Carey

By Jessica Rangel
October 8, 2014 - 3:36pm

Name: Chelby Carey Hometown: Morgantown, WV Major: Criminology Favorite Food: Pizza for Pizza Als Dream Vacation: African Safari Drink of choice: Chocolate Milk READ MORE

5 Ways To Be Safe At WVU

By Jessica Colacicco
October 6, 2014 - 11:57am

READ MORE

Surprisingly Unsurprising: Good Guys At WVU

By Jessica Rangel
October 6, 2014 - 11:45am

I’ll first start off by saying, maybe I have been lucky. I have had guys bring me flowers, and have planned original dates. These guys have supported my ambitions, and would be there to talk if I was upset. All in all, I would say my college dating experiences have been positive ones. Yet, I feel as if my experience stands alone. Time after time I hear girls complaining what a guy did or did not do with the overall message that there is no good guys at WVU. It then leads me to think, have I met the only good ones?  READ MORE

Ten Things That Run Through Everyone’s Mind While Parking in the Lair

By Alex Henderson
September 30, 2014 - 1:36pm

Ten Things That Run Through Everyone’s Mind While Parking in the Lair   1.      Time for my morning ritual; a leisurely drive through the Mountainlair Parking Garage.   2.  Oh heeeeey! It's my lucky day. It’s a smart car. Why me? 3.      And now the car in front of me gets a spot.  READ MORE

Brianna Walsh

By Morgan McPherson
September 30, 2014 - 1:14pm

This weeks campus cutie is Brianna Walsh, a WVU Cheerleader. READ MORE

Makayla Lewis

By Carissa Hyland
September 29, 2014 - 10:31am

Meet Makayla Lewis, this weeks campus celebrity! You may recognize her name if you have recently walked through the lair this week, as she is one of the 5 finalist competing for Homecoming Queen! Lewis is from the state of West Virginia and is majoring in Public Relations with two minors in American Politics and Statistics here at WVU. Q: Many people are unaware of the process of getting on Homecoming court. Can you explain a little of what you had to do? READ MORE

6 Fashion Trends That Should Have Never Happened

By Jess Ratcliffe
September 28, 2014 - 10:17pm

For whatever reason, amongst some truly great trends we will come across certain clothing items that should just have never happened. Below I have included a number of my personal least desirable trends.   1. Harem Pants   I do not know why these pants had to happen or why they had to become so popular. Unless you plan on being Aladdin for Halloween, I see no plausible reason for these pants to be worn.   2. Fedoras   READ MORE