Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Archives

Emmy Awards And VMA Red Carpet Trend Recap

By Emma Grossman
August 31, 2014 - 5:24pm

If you love fashion and entertainment like I do, you most definitely tuned in to the MTV Video Music awards and the Emmy Awards earlier this week.  I think its no surprise that the red carpet at both awards were pretty much the main event.  Let's take a look into the top trends on the red carpet this week! At the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, red gowns were obviously the top trend of the night.  Some of these stars in red include Giuliana Rancic, Heidi Klum, and actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus.  All of their gowns were elegant, chic and floor length. READ MORE

Jandora Media

By Jessica Rangel
August 28, 2014 - 11:10am

Remember our Campus Celeb Nick Jandora? He is back with new productions! "This is a collection of my work from 2013 to 2014. It everything Ive filmed this year from music videos to iphone app commercials to documenting a tour with a folk band. " - Nick Jandora Jandora Media also shoots everything from tv commercials, promotional videos, weddings, music videos, and journalistic videos. You can read more about his work here! READ MORE

BCK Rentals: Cat Killers?

By Jessica Rangel, Carissa Hyland
August 25, 2014 - 9:22pm

Note from the Editor: By being a blog aimed at a West Virginia University audience, my staff and I strive to bring stories that connect with our audience. After being informed about the acts of a landlord in Morgantown, we felt it was our duty to share these stories. With that being said, we have allowed our sources in this article to tell their own accounts. The HerCampus WVU staff has not written, nor edited any of the stories we received in the following article: READ MORE

A Timeline for Fall Fest

By Rachel Charlip
August 15, 2014 - 3:32pm

Time and time again, you think about the times you have had in college. Most make you laugh, some make you feel embarrassed, but in the end they are good. One of these many memories for a WVU student is Fall Fest, the biggest party of the year on the first day of classes.  First day of classes. But it’s 11 AM and you had a 9:30, guess that’s not happening.  But it’s syllabus week and and you remember the first class literally never counts for anything anyway, YES! And you get to shake your booty on the  Mountainlair green or frat row, to the musical festivities. READ MORE

Day Party Fashion

By Alex Henderson
August 15, 2014 - 2:50pm

At WVU we love to party, no matter what time it is. In Morgantown you will find students (of age) drinking anywhere you go, every corner you turn, it doesn’t matter what time it is or how cold it is outside, nothing stops the students of WVU from having a great time. The warm weather is every WVU student’s favorite excuse to get wild and have a great time and when getting wild in Morgantown, it’s important to have a great sense of fashion. I’m here to make sure you have the best outfit for afternoon parties at WVU. READ MORE

Michael Lynch

By Jess Ratcliffe
August 15, 2014 - 2:34pm

Name: Michael Lynch Hometown: Charleston, WV Major: Economics Favorite Food: Bacon cheddar fries at DP Dough Dream Vacation: Traveling to Europe and going to shows in Ibiza Drink of choice: ¼ margarita ¾ tequila A secret talent I have is: It’s a secret for a reason READ MORE

Instagram Gone Basic

By Carissa Hyland
August 14, 2014 - 3:26pm

We are all guilty of scrolling through Instagram at least 10 times on a slow day. If you haven’t scrolled through Instagram and at least made one comment about someones picture in your head you are obviously lying to yourself. Let’s be honest ladies some of these pictures we have seen time and time again. I’m sure we are all guilty of posting a few ourselves. Food The “wife me up” pic because they just actually cooked for real for the first time in a while and…They’re SINGLE!!! READ MORE

Nick Pacifico

By Megan Hoel
August 11, 2014 - 4:58pm

Name: Nick Pacifico Hometown: Brewster, NY Major: Marketing Favorite Food: Anything Italian Dream Vacation: Ibiza Drink of Choice: Light blue Gatorade A secret talent I have is: I can make my stomach do the wave. Trust me it’s a talent The song I would sing in karaoke is: Strictly 80’s Joel My favorite WVU memory: St. Patrick’s Day 2012 READ MORE

Fall Fest Fashion Do's And Dont's

By Briana Mannering
August 10, 2014 - 9:57pm

Let's be honest. We are not extremely excited for the first day of classes at WVU, nor do we care about the generic syllabus day where we learn the rights and the wrongs of skipping class throughout the semester. The only thing we strategically plan out in April while we schedule our Monday classes for the following year's semester is whether we need to use one of our three University absences for Fall Fest. If any of your classes end before 3:00pm then you are golden, however, if you are expecting a class to end or start later than 3:00pm then you best believe that none of those students will be attending your General Elective class. READ MORE

Regrettable Purchases

By Jessica Rangel
August 6, 2014 - 11:29pm

Trends come and go. We spend money to buy what is in style, and then spend more to buy whatever comes out the next season. Sometimes we splurge, or sometimes we head to Forever 21 for a cheap fix of the latest trend. It’s basically the circle of life.  Yet there are some purchases that, looking back at it now, we flat out regret. We saw, we saved, and we regretted. These are the purchases we HAD to have, and HAD to beg our parents to get us. And an older, wiser woman now realizes they were over priced, a waste of money, and most importantly a major regret.  P.S. I put the price next to it so you can feel even more buyers remorse.  Uggs: A new pair every season and to brag how comfy they are READ MORE