Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Archives

KP Primm

By Caroline Walker
September 17, 2014 - 8:26pm

Meet KP Primm! Hometown: Honolulu, HI, but now I live in Pittsburgh, PA Major: Wildlife and Fisheries and Environmental Microbiology Favorite Food: Sriracha Dream Vacation: Outer space/the moon Drink of choice: Whiskey, with a bendy straw A secret talent I have is: I can wiggle my ears without touching them The song I would sing in karaoke is: Dead Wrong by The Notorious B.I.G. READ MORE

What do I want to do with the rest of my life anyways?

By Taylor Deer
September 17, 2014 - 8:20pm

When I was growing up I went through several phases when it came to how I answered the question.. “What do you want to do when you grow up?” At first it was a princess.. then a pop star (aka I wanted to be THE OLD Brittney Spears or Baby Spice).. then I wanted to be a doctor… then a forensic scientist, because what teenager doesn’t love watching CSI and want to work for Horatio Caine at some point in their life… and several other phases until I finally had came to college and actually had to make a decision and answer that dreadful “What do you want to do when you grow up,” question. READ MORE

Tarik El-Allame

By Caroline Walker
September 11, 2014 - 6:56pm

Meet Tarik El-Allame, our Campus Cutie! Hometown: Arlington, Virginia Major: Political Science Favorite Food: Calamari  Dream Vacation: The Cayman Islands Drink of Choice: Ciroc Red Bull A secret talent I have is: My charm The song I would sing in karaoke is: Just A Friend – Biz Markie My favorite WVU memory: When we were ranked top 5 in the nation  READ MORE

Freshman Year Mistakes and How To Deal With Them

By Jessica Colacicco
September 9, 2014 - 9:40pm

Freshman year. We’ve all been there, done that and probably bought the t-shirt for it. It’s the cringe-worthy time of figuring out exactly who you are and what you want to do with your life. It’s the time in your life when you will make the most mistakes, the mistakes you’ll look back on and think, “Oh god, did I really do that?” If you’re a freshman at WVU, and you haven’t made one of the following mistakes at least once, did you really do freshman year right? Rocking a lanyard absolutely everywhere, and thinking you look cool while doing it Lanyards aren’t cute. Buy a wallet, it won’t kill you. Taking off your shoes at a frat house, on high street, etc. READ MORE

Addicted to the Cell

By Rachel Charlip
September 9, 2014 - 9:24pm

This past weekend, I found myself being yelled at for being too attached to my phone on numerous occasions.  I mean we’ve all been there, when something major is going on in your life and there’s just that immediate need for communication, or when your surroundings call for more human than phone interaction because something exciting is going on.  READ MORE

Ali and Alicia Hinshaw

By Taylor Deer
September 9, 2014 - 9:13pm

Names: Ali and Alicia Hinshaw Hometown: Hurricane, WV Major: Alicia: Elementary Education/Pre K-K Ali: Elementary Education/Mathematics How would you describe yourself in three words?: Alicia: social, honest, happy Ali: energetic, genuine, outgoing I’d rather be: Alicia: Laying on the beach Ali: On vacation Favorite place in Morgantown: Alicia: Los Mariachis Ali: Boston Beanery READ MORE

College Make-Up Essentials

By Jess Ratcliffe
September 8, 2014 - 4:21pm

Something I think all college girls can agree on is that we have a serious lack of time. Juggling a full schedule of classes and a social life can really take a toll on a girl’s make-up regime. Regardless, we are girls and beauty is something that is extremely important to us all—whether or not we like to admit it. To make things easier, I have included my eight cult favorite products that can be transitioned easily from day to night. It does not have to take a lot to get your desired look.   READ MORE

Anthony Thompson

By Taylor Deer
September 3, 2014 - 4:37pm

Name: Anthony Thompson From: Wheeling, WV Major: Economics I’d Rather Be: Fishing Favorite WVU Memory: Airbands Favorite Food: Bacon Cheeseburger from 5 Guys On Game day, you’ll find me: Tailgating Dream Vacation: Caribbean Isle Relationship Status: Single In 10 years I see myself: Working at a good job. Twitter name: a_thompson19 READ MORE

25 Ways Morgantown Got The Best Of You

By Kayla Lassiter
September 3, 2014 - 4:28pm

1.You started Happy Hour way too early at Back Door Apparently it was 5 o’ clock somewhere at 3 pm and you were taking that seriously. You’re in bed at 10:00. 2.Took advantage of free liquor night at Whisper You really shouldn’t have done that last shotski. 3.Had drunk breakfast and actually thought it tasted okay Soggy nachos, gross cheese, and meatballs, oh my! 4.Went to mug night at Chick N Bones with a Big Gulp  No one is judging you, but I don’t recommend downing more than two of those. 5. Found yourself dancing on the bar at Phi Sig READ MORE

#frontlikeyoureperfect

By Rachel Charlip
September 2, 2014 - 3:20pm

Two days ago, Lena Dunham woke up like this.  Do you think Beyoncé Knowles wakes up like this? Who knows, she’s Queen Bee so she most likely wakes up with makeup done, Louboutins securely on her feet and wedding ring shining to perfection.  Or at least that’s what her song “Flawless” leads us to believe when she says “My rock, flawless/I woke up like this/We flawless, ladies tell 'em.”  And if you go to Instagram to view the Queen in her natural habitat, you’ll realize just how perfectly those lyrics match her depiction of herself.   READ MORE