Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Archives

Phases of Finals Week

By Jessica Rangel
April 28, 2014 - 5:24pm

Phase One: Believing you will study early, telling yourself you will study early, and not studying early. Phase Two: Realizing your test is within 24 hours. Phase Three: Getting to the library to find there are no seats, and these seats haven't, and won't, be given up for three days. Phase Four: Begin to study. READ MORE

Senior Send-Off: Graduation Edition

By Briana Mannering
April 28, 2014 - 4:39pm

READ MORE

Where is the best place to study for finals?

By Jessica Rangel

Types of Studiers

By Gabrielle Russillo
April 28, 2014 - 4:30pm

Finals are right around the corner, and we all know we are DONE with all this school nonsense. We would much rather be on the beach somewhere with a beer in our hands. However, for every finals week there is a specific studier, which one do you think you are…? THE CRAMER. READ MORE

Catie Horwood

By Caroline Walker
April 28, 2014 - 3:29pm

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Catie Horwood! Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio Major: Biology/ pre –dental How would you describe yourself in three words? Outgoing, Ambitious, Stubborn Favorite place in Morgantown is: Top of High Street at sunset I’d rather be: A fashion designer in New York City My all-time favorite movie is: Dirty Dancing Favorite dessert: Red velvet cake READ MORE

WVU Baseball Hunt

By Jess Holterhoff
April 23, 2014 - 12:31pm

The West Virginia University Baseball team is having a scavenger hunt Wednesday from 11 A.M. trough 5 P.M. via social media! Eleven baseballs will be hidden around campus and students are encouraged to hunt them down by clues given on Twitter (@WVU_Baseball.) The first person to find each ball gets a free t-shirt and the first person to find ball 11 gets an autographed ball by the team and... AND gets to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at that night’s game against Marshall! Bonus clues will be shared on the teams official Instagram page, WVUBaseball.    READ MORE

What is your favorite house on Frat Row?

By Jessica Rangel

Men of Frat Row

By Georgia Jablon, Jessica Rangel
April 23, 2014 - 12:24am

Meet the men of WVU Greek Life! We looked into the fraternities with houses on frat row. From the input from girls on campus, here is how we would best describe these frats! SAE Founded:1856 Philanthropy: Children’s Miracle Network Best Party: USAE Hottest Member: Adam Lynch Face of the Fraternity: Michael Lynch, Brian Arndt, Brandon Sard Sweetheart: Delta Gamma In three words: Gentlemen, Fratty, Well-dressed READ MORE

Tips and Tricks to Beach Safety

By Kristen Cosner
April 22, 2014 - 3:43pm

As the semester winds down, we have traded cold, snowy days for warm, sunny days, our classes for next fall are scheduled, finals are near, and for seniors: your days as an undergrad are dwindling fast. Summer break cues the start of warm nights, bonfires, and beach! Whether you go to tan or catch some waves, the beach is one of the most tranquil atmospheres. However, sometimes nature has something else to say. Check out these tips and tricks to keep your beach trip pleasant:   READ MORE

Chris Nyden

By Jessica Colacicco
April 21, 2014 - 8:20pm

Meet Chris Nyden, this week’s campus celebrity! Chris is a 21 year-old economics major that’s driven, motivated and truly passionate about West Virginia University. Aside from being an active member of SAE, he is also this year’s recently elected Student Body President. He’s been active in the student government since he arrived on campus in 2010 as a freshman. When he’s not held up in his office taking care of his presidential duties, you can find him watching baseball or volunteering for the WVU baseball team.  READ MORE