Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

WVU Archives

Ten Things That Run Through Everyone’s Mind While Parking in the Lair

By Alex Henderson
September 30, 2014 - 1:36pm

Ten Things That Run Through Everyone’s Mind While Parking in the Lair   1.      Time for my morning ritual; a leisurely drive through the Mountainlair Parking Garage.   2.  Oh heeeeey! It's my lucky day. It’s a smart car. Why me? 3.      And now the car in front of me gets a spot.  READ MORE

Brianna Walsh

By Morgan McPherson
September 30, 2014 - 1:14pm

This weeks campus cutie is Brianna Walsh, a WVU Cheerleader. READ MORE

Makayla Lewis

By Carissa Hyland
September 29, 2014 - 10:31am

Meet Makayla Lewis, this weeks campus celebrity! You may recognize her name if you have recently walked through the lair this week, as she is one of the 5 finalist competing for Homecoming Queen! Lewis is from the state of West Virginia and is majoring in Public Relations with two minors in American Politics and Statistics here at WVU. Q: Many people are unaware of the process of getting on Homecoming court. Can you explain a little of what you had to do? READ MORE

6 Fashion Trends That Should Have Never Happened

By Jess Ratcliffe
September 28, 2014 - 10:17pm

For whatever reason, amongst some truly great trends we will come across certain clothing items that should just have never happened. Below I have included a number of my personal least desirable trends.   1. Harem Pants   I do not know why these pants had to happen or why they had to become so popular. Unless you plan on being Aladdin for Halloween, I see no plausible reason for these pants to be worn.   2. Fedoras   READ MORE

PINK Ultimate Yoga Collection

By Briana Mannering
September 24, 2014 - 1:22pm

PINK has done it again, and this time it is not just the fit and flatter! The way to collegiate girls’ hearts and the perfect apparel for girls who seek comfort and style, Victoria’s Secret PINK has become a necessity to all of our wardrobes. I am guilty of having dressers full of the PINK brand, and I am guilty of having mass amounts of PINK undies and bras because I am obsessed with the style and comfort of the brand. But, the ultimate yoga collection is now the newest and hottest collection for the brand.   READ MORE

Design a Date

By Jessica Rangel
September 23, 2014 - 6:47pm

WVU's American Society of Interior Designers presents Design a Date! It is hosted in the Mountlair Ballroom Thursday at 7:30. There will be guys from Landscape Architecture there for girls to bid on! There is also an after party at Joe Mamas 9-11! (it's $5 for a ticket to the auction which includes 5 tickets to put in dates boxes for bidding, and then tickets to joes are $5) money is going the Golden Girls Charity and our ASID organization and the auction is to promote safe dating. READ MORE

Blake Smith

By Kayla Lassiter
September 23, 2014 - 6:42pm

Name: Blake Smith Hometown: Tyler Texas Major: Business Management Favorite Food: Jersey Mikes Dream Vacation: Anywhere with a beach Drink of choice: Budweiser The song I would sing in karaoke is: The Star Spangled Banner Favorite Dessert: Oreo Blizzard My favorite WVU memory: Getting to see Kendrick Lamar at Fall Fest Last year for Halloween I was: A Ninja My most embarrassing moment: I’ve never been embarrassed It’s Friday night, you’ll find me: Deep in a good book! I’m pretty cool because: I play on the WVU baseball team READ MORE

People of Game Day

By Taylor Schorr
September 23, 2014 - 6:37pm

Game days at WVU always prove to be interesting. Between the tailgates, the crowd and the many different types of people you encounter along the way, Morgantown always provides you with endless memories on Fall-time Saturdays where beer gets drank, and school pride is endlessly shown.  The Over-Enthusiastic Fan:  READ MORE

Kiley Putnam

By Taylor Deer
September 23, 2014 - 6:24pm

Kiley Putnam is an up and rising journalist student who just landed the spot as the WVU News Main Anchor! WVU News is a Reed School of Journalism run program and is run by one teacher and a handful of journalism students. Kiley was only 14-years-old when she realized that she was in love with media and was drawn to the possibility of making a career in this field. Since then she has worked hard and it is obvious that it is paying off with her new Anchor position. READ MORE

WVU Game Day Outfits

By Gabrielle Russillo
September 22, 2014 - 12:05am

Everybody has been to that point where you have absolutely no idea what you are going to wear for game day. The anxiety that can come with creating the perfect blue and gold combination can be extremely overwhelming. So, here are some tips on what one could throw together last minute for the perfect game day outfit!    Chic and Sassy You can transform a long sleeve t-shirt into a dress. Cut the sleeves, then tie them together in the back, and then sew it together. This process takes about 15 minutes total.  Then accessorize it with a cardigan, jacket, some kicks and your favorite WVU hat! READ MORE