8 Times the Cast of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Got You Through College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

1. Time management, Cristina Yang – it is possible to get it all done, sometimes you just have to do it all at once!

2. Procrastination, Derek Shepard – procrastination is normal, everyone does it. If Derek Shepard, the neurosurgeon, procrastinates don’t be ashamed that you do. Once you pass those couple hours of checking social media over and over again and texting everyone you know (maybe more than once), you’ll start something great.

3. The greatness of tequila, Meredith Grey – tequila could get you through some of the toughest (failing an exam) and greatest (syllabus week) times college students may go through. Tequila is always the answer!

4. Falling in love, Meredith Grey – you may be attracted to the frat boy who is anything but sweet, who likes any and every girl that walks the earth and who might not even give you the time of day. In Meredith’s case she got the sweet, romantic, neurosurgeon who happened to come with a bit of baggage. The point is, you can’t help who you fall in love with. Even if you try everything in your power to not be in love with that person, it might just happen.

5. Eating fattening foods is okay sometimes, Addison Shepard – no matter how much effort you put into eating healthy and how often you go to the gym, on your worst days you might just need to order a pizza with your roommates and enjoy it. Sometimes that’s the cure!

6. Your mom loves you, Meredith Grey – aside from all the fights and disagreements you two may have your mom will always be your number one fan and cheer you on through the good and the bad.

7. Let loose, Cristina Yang – no matter how difficult your major may be or how many responsiblities you may have throughout the week, once the weekend hits it’s acceptable to let loose and have a good time with your friends before you have to go back to reality next Monday. Use that time to forget about Wednesday morning when you tripped in front of the MountainLair and the presentation you stuttered through on Thursday.

8. Dancing, Callie Torres – we’ve seen her do it time and time again. Whenever Callie is stressed or needs a pick me up she takes off her pants, blasts music through her headphones and dances in her underwear. Definitely one of the best stress relievers.

I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!