harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Finals Survival Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

1.     Make a schedule: Two finals on Tuesday and one Wednesday morning. Sound familiar? It’s important to study the proper amount for each exam so why not schedule your week out with dates and times to study for each. It will keep you organized, focused and determined

2.     Take a nap: Sleep is the most important thing you need during finals and most of you probably wont get enough of it. Taking your cumulative chemistry final at 8 am after going to sleep at 4 isn’t doing any good for anyone. Taking a quick nap is better than studying information that you aren’t absorbing. Once your power nap is over you’ll be ready to start studying again.

3.     Workout: even those of you who hate working out, I’m sure it’s better than studying for whatever exam you have next and it will help relieve some of the stress!

4.     Make a playlist: put together your favorite songs that motivate you the most that you can listen to while studying, and don’t forget to add some holiday music to get you excited for the month home!

5.     Do NOT cram: you are better off starting early to avoid running out of time. Cramming is much less effective.

6.     Netflix break: they’re always needed and you’re constantly thinking about it so why not get your mind off of studying for only 45 minutes to watch an episode, or two, of your favorite show.

7.     EAT: whether it be chocolate, a protein bar, Jimmy Johns or even insomnia cookies, make sure to constantly have some power food around you to make sure you don’t crash.

8.     Lastly, only think positive thoughts: don’t let anyone tell you you can’t do it, because you can! 

I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!