7 Things To Do On Spring Break When Taking A Trip Isn’t An Option

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Sure, spring break is the time of year where everyone takes a trip somewhere sunnier with his or her closest friends to unwind and relax, but who says you can’t have an awesome spring break without that mini vacation?  There are tons of fun things that you can accomplish over spring break that will truly let you relax and feel ready to finish the semester out with a bang.

1. Spend time with your family

Go home and enjoy your family’s company.  Nothing will put you at ease like spending time with your parents, having home cooked meals, and taking a break from being an “adult.”

2. Hang out with old friends

Visit your friends that you haven’t seen in a while and catch up.  It will be fun to be able to reminisce on the good ole days.

3. Read a book

Sometimes you just want to relax and curl up with a good book.  There’s nothing wrong with that.

4. Spend a lot of time outside

Fingers-crossed that the weather is perfect over spring break.  If so, don’t hesitate to get outside and soak up that much needed Vitamin D.  Take a walk, go on a hike, ride a bike, or just sit outside.  A little sun is good for the soul.

5. Volunteer

Volunteering can be fun and very rewarding.  It’s a great way to spend your time, and a great pick-me-up.  Hit up your local animal shelter and play with some puppies!

6. Pick up a new hobby

You have an entire week to learn something new.  Who knows?  Maybe you will find something you really love.

7. Binge watch a new show on Netflix

Netflix is one of the greatest inventions like ever.  Pick a new show you’ve been dying to watch and feel free to finish the series as quickly as you want to.  No judgments.

There are so many possibilities, but just remember to RELAX.  That’s exactly what spring break is for.  Whatever you decide to do, make it worth your while, and have the best spring break yet.

Kaitlyn is a senior print journalism major at West Virginia University with a minor in music performance.  She enjoys writing, playing music, being outdoors and binge watching Netflix.
  I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.