6 Books Every Young Adult Needs to Read

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Complete with the most tweet-able quotes of all time.

1. Paper Town by John Green

The story of Margo and Quentin will have everyone on the edge of their seat, wanting to hop in the car and take an epic roadtrip. This coming of age tale is a classic love story with a mysterious twist that will leave the reader with chills and begging for a sequel.

2. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

Words cannot even fully describe how beautiful this book is. Niven builds an unlikely love story while bringing awareness to mental illness and suicide. This book transports the reader into the world of Violet and Finch, and its vivid, puzzle-piece style storyline will make you never want to put it down.

3. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

This story is one that teenagers can really relate to, when it comes to falling in love to the chaos of a dysfunctional home, this book has it all. Eleanor and Park are just two misfits figuring out their place in the world and each other’s lives. Rowell creates a world that captures a reality that people can dive into, but not without a few tears.

4. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

This untraditional storyline will have readers instantly hooked and unable to stop reading until you know every little detail. Asher creates a story that keeps the readers on the edge of their seat, and brings awareness to bullying while showing the importance of life. Also coming soon to Netlfix, so read the book before watching the series!

5. Everyday by David Levithan

While this book starts off with a pretty confusing plot, as soon as the reader understands whats happening, it’s completely genius. Levithan uses a sense of wonder to captivate the reader and leave them amazed at the end of every chapter.

6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

I think this book pretty much speaks for itself, if you think The Perks of Being a Wallflower the movie is great, the book is 100 times better. You can feel the emotion spilling off the pages, and it will definitely get you in your feels.

I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!