5 Things Every WVU Student Regrets Every Sunday Morning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Ladies, we all have regrets when we wake up after a fun-filled night of drinking. You know that pit in your stomach you get after thinking about your actions the night before…. Or maybe that’s just the hangover setting in. Anyways, here’s a list of some of the things we do to embarrass ourselves and that we regret every Sunday morning:

1. Eating 2 a.m. Casa…

Eating those 2 slices of pepperoni pizza drenched in ranch dressing probably wasn’t the best decision because, you know, Spring Break is in less than two months and you’re on a strict diet. But whatever, yolo.

2. Wearing 6 inch heels

We all know Morgantown’s made of mountains and it’s uphill both ways, but we still wear the biggest heels we can find. Now we’re regretting it because our feet feel like they are about to fall off, and all the bruises and scrapes on our legs aren’t very pretty.

3. Spinning the shot wheel at Big Times one last time

Because you clearly needed another shot. And of course, what do you get? Rail gin. Your body thanks you for it.

4. Buying everyone and their mother a round of shots

*Wakes up and checks bank account*

*Starts to sob*

You realize that you have $17.38 to your name and that needs to last you one more week until you get your next paycheck. But your rent is due in two days. Looks like your making an awkward phone call to mom and dad.

5. Texting that one person you know you shouldn’t

Do I really even need to say it? Almost every morning after a night of drinking we all have those texts that we hate ourselves for, and have to send a follow-up apology text saying how drunk you were, which in the end just makes you look like an unattractive mess. At this point you’re really wishing you just would have listened to your roommate and had her take your phone.

*Sigh*

Although we hate ourselves for the things we do after a night of drinking, we’ll probably do it again the next weekend. Am I right?

Hey, everyone! I'm Jamie. I'm a Senior Strategic Communications major with Emphasis in Public Relations. I'm a Pittsburgh native, and after graduation I hope to pursue my passion in Public Relations and writing!
  I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.