5 Reasons Why You Should Celebrate Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Single or Taken? Here are 5 reasons why you should celebrate Valentine’s Day no
matter what your relationship status.

1) Chocolate.
What girl doesn’t want chocolate, whether it’s on Valentine’s Day or Groundhog’s !Day,
whether it’s from your Dad or your boyfriend: Any excuse to inhale sweets, take
advantage.
2) The Greatest Movies All Day
Literally, the best rom com’s are on all day. Classics like How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days,
Friends with Benefits and He’s Just Not That Into You, or a slasher movie like Texas
Chainsaw Massacre are sure to be on repeat all day. Cuddle up with your girls, man, or
cat and enjoy, with a bottle of wine and a bowl of popcorn.
3) Valentines.
When I was little I loved going to the grocery store and buying valentines to hand !out in
school. Now that I think about it, why did I ever stop? Buy some Hello Kitty or Minnie
Mouse valentines and give them to your roommates, sisters, and your man. They’re
cute, fun and a little way to show someone you care without over doing it.
4) The Two F’s.
Celebrating Valentine’s Day started with our family and friends, so make sure to always
show them some love. Send your family a card or an Edible Arrangement. Make sure to
hang out with your girls too, because remembers, chicks before…guys.
5) Love.
The number one “cliche” reason why people celebrate Valentine’s Day, and if your not in
love than you don’t because you’re not allowed, but this is a mindset that women have
created to rationalize why they’re single. Listen, it’s okay if your single. Let me repeat
that, it’s okay if your single. Dont’ that ruin your day because I can almost guarantee
that it hasn’t ruined your life up to this point. Like I’ve said you don’t need a man to
celebrate love. Hell, when do you ever need a man? Just kidding they can reach high
places. But for real, enjoy this February 14 and enjoy everyone you love.
Tori is a senior at West Virginia University. She majors in Advertising and aspires to work in a big advertising agency after graduation. Tori was both Social Chair and Public Relations Chair for her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma. She enjoys being involved in different organizations at WVU. Originally from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Tori was born and raised a Mountaineer. She loves to hang out with friends and be social. Tori would describe herself as outgoing, passionate, and motivated.