rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Easy Ways to Cure Spring Fever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Springtime sneaks up on us every year, and we find ourselves trapped under piles of assignments, projects, and tests without fail. The weather is getting warmer, summer is right around the corner, but it is not the time to slip into vacation mode just yet. We need to dig deep down and find the energy to finish the semester out with a bang! The final push is a struggle, so here are some tips to make it less stressful:

1. Get on a Sleeping Schedule

Make sure you’re getting at least 8 hours of sleep every single night. Go to sleep every night at the same time and wake up every morning at the same time. This way, you won’t have to take a three-hour nap in the middle of the afternoon. Interrupting your day with a long nap will make you feel sluggish and foggy. Instead, get your work done during the day, and save nighttime for the Z’s.

2. Manage Your Priorities

Focus on getting work done right after classes during the week. Checking things off a to-do list is one of the most satisfying feelings ever. Later when you’re trying to have a good time you won’t have to randomly remember all the responsibilities you haven’t taken care of yet. If you have a midterm next week, consider staying in over the weekend to study, or study during the day and go out at night. A lot of people completely check out on the weekends; they only make time for Netflix, snacks, and online shopping. Think of your future self when you’re considering ordering some food and binge-watching Queer Eye for the rest of the night.

3. Fill Your Schedule

This might come as a surprise, but a reason you may not be feeling productive is that there is no real structure to your days. If you create a routine for yourself, you can go from one thing to the next and you’ll feel more productive.

4. Treat Yourself

This is grind time, but there’s nothing wrong with a little motivation! If you know this next week is going to be a rough one, plan something for yourself at the end. Treat yourself to a girls’ night, or a cheat day, or a little shopping. Getting a package in the mail is always something to look forward to. Log into Amazon Prime and send yourself something cute; you deserve it. These little things you do for yourself will make a difference.

Hi ladies and gents, my name is Mel, Melanie if you're feelin' fancy. I'm a senior studying advertising, political science and fashion at West Virginia University. In addition to my studies, I am the Campus Correspondent for the WVU HC Chapter! You can hear me on the radio at U92 FM reporting the news and hosting morning shows. If I'm not there, I'm most likely at the local Panera eating my body weight in broccoli cheddar soup or writing about the daily, awkward encounters I experience. I represenative of the college of media as an ambassador and the prez of the magazine club. Oversized sweatshirts and jean on jean are my aesthetics. Lover, not a fighter unless you tell me Joe Jonas wasn't the best Jonas. Laters, baby.