11 Ways to Repurpose Your Christmas Lights All Year Long

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Lights are one of the biggest staples of the holiday season. Festive, bright, string lights of various hues reel in the Christmas spirit. Rather than putting them up until next year, here are various ways to repurpose your lights so that you can use them all year long.

1) Hula-Hoops

Wrapping a hula-hoop up in your Christmas lights is an extremely cheap yet beautiful decoration for any occasion. You can either hang the lights or wrap them around tightly for a gorgeous look.

2) Rug

Crocheting + string lights = a unique, glowing rug.

3) Garland

Even though this particular one is Christmas-themed, any color scheme will work to match the aesthetic you are aiming for!

4) Tree Branches

Rustic themes are becoming more popular in today’s age. With more nature-inspired rooms and houses springing up, it may be hard to find ways to reuse those Christmas lights. These have you covered! Not only are they beautiful décor pieces, they are extremely easy to make!

5) Makeshift Christmas trees

Since these are “holiday” lights, why not take Christmas decorating to a more creative level? If you don’t want to spend time and effort on an actual Christmas tree or if you simply want to make every room more festive, try these cute DIY alternatives.

6) Flamless Fire Pit

Do you love the essence of a fire but do not have a fireplace? This has you covered. Put on some ambient fireplace sounds and relax.

7) Curtains

Hanging up your Christmas lights behind curtains can create a wonderful atmosphere in any room. Perfect for those subtle moments that require just a tad bit of lighting: romantic dinners, movie nights or even nightlights.

8) Wall Décor

Most wall décor pieces can be extremely expensive. These are affordable, DIY alternatives to most décor that is on the market today.

9) Ping Pong Ball Lights

Do you love globe lights but not the hefty price that comes along with them? This DIY alternative is not only nice for your place, but your bank account as well.

10) Pixie Dust Lights

These gorgeous lights can make any string of lights more peaceful and chic than before.

11) Jar Lights

These simple masterpieces can be made in minutes. Use as centerpieces, décor or even in place of a lamp, you can’t go wrong with these effortlessly elegant lights!

Happy decorating!

Greetings! My name is Graeson Baker and I am currently a junior PR major here at WVU. For more info about me, feel free to check out my personal website at http://www.graesonbrooke.co.
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!