10 Things All Quiet People Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

1. You are more awkward than the normal human when your friends are talking to people you don’t know. Just. Form. Words.

2. Some take your absence of words comes across as rude. Not rude, just awkward.

3. You think of something really funny to add to a conversation, but by the time you build up the courage to speak out the conversation is long gone.

4. Your lack of speaking means you listen to multiple conversations at once. A blessing and a curse.

5. You are a great listener. You love when you come across talkers. Them talking means you don’t have to.

6. You feel a stream of panic during awkward silences. Your mind blanks and all of a sudden you loose all capability to form kindergarten level sentences.

7. You actually do have insightful thoughts. However, most of the time they stay in your head.

8. Because most of your thoughts never leave your mouth, you have way too many opinions fogging up your brain.

9. It may have taken years, but you do have close friends who actually know your true personality.

10. You shock people when you actually do speak.

I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!