stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

5 New Workouts to Help You Meet Your New Year’s Resolution

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WSU chapter.

As we move into the second month of 2018,  our New Year’s resolutions have probably been broken. For those of you who set a resolution to work out more, most people are not into going to the gym and more often than not, none of us have any idea what we are doing. Here are a few ideas to make working out more fun.

1. Hot Yoga

Hot Yoga is one of the best ways to practice mindfulness and push your body, and it will make you sweat buckets. It also helps you burn more calories than regular yoga.  UREC offers a couple of hot yoga classes and they are $15-20 dollars to sign up. Plus it is also on campus!

2. Dance

Dance is sometimes forgotten as a great workout. Not only is it physically challenging, but it is also is super fun. When you join a dance class you are able to improve your mental stamina and strength. You will also learn more moves to show off at parties. The school rec center also offers dance classes. There is also a dance studio in Pullman where you can take classes.

3. Rock Climbing

Rock climbing is incredibly challenging and an insanely good workout. It works your entire body.  It is also a super challenging sport and a major mental challenge. Once you get better at it you can even find real rock formations to truly test your skills. Be sure to go to UREC and climb on the rock wall they have there.  The best part is you can continue to explore the world around you with your new rock climbing skills!

4. Sarah’s Day Workouts

Sarah is a YouTuber that I found a couple of weeks ago and she has an amazing channel. It is dedicated to finding your fitness solutions. Her workouts are perfect for girls on the go who are very busy but want to stay in shape. She has a few  amazing 15 minute workouts that get you sweating. You also don’t need any equipment; all you need is a little bit of space and your own body weight. I can tell you from personal experience it will definitely get you sweating.

5. Learn a new sport

There are tons of new gyms, sports and activities that you can try to get your heart rate up and keep your body in check. Check out the classes that your local gym has to offer. Try playing the sport that you did in high school again. There are endless ways to work out. Find an activity that works for you!

I am a sophomore at Washington State University. I am getting a degree in International Business and am looking forward to a career in Non-Profit work! Be sure to check out WSU's Her Campus page!