Whimsy Wednesday: Top 5 Summer Dresses for the Vintage Indie Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

We all have that friend (or maybe we are that friend) that resembles someone who stepped out of a film from the 1950s or 60s. You know, the Peter Pan collars, Midi-length skirts, oxfords upon oxfords in their closet. If this applies to you or someone you know, then meet the Indie Vintage Chick.

Now that the summer is upon us and there’s some warmth back in our toes, literally, it’s time to unleash the inner fit-and-flare-lover in us, and to do that I compiled a list of the Top 5 Summer Dresses for the Indie Vintage Chick.

Soak Up The Sun Belt Dress:

Modcloth.comPrice: $59.99

I spotted this beauty and have virtually “bought” it a few times (put it in my cart only to never actually purchase it). I adore the print and the cut; it screams classy with a bit of sassy. 

LC Lauren Conrad Floral Fit & Flare:

KohlsPrice:$ 39.99

I actually just purchased this dress for an upcoming banquet and it is the PERFECT Fit n’ Flare for spring and summer. It has a burnt out daisy print that pops out of the white ombre in the dress. It is so timeless, fun and flirty! It comes off as the perfect walk in the park or picnic dress. It also has a few other options in terms of print, but what you don’t see is the cute little cutout on the back to add to the fun of this dress!

Prepster Chambray Striped Dress:

Shopruche.comPrice: $68.99

I imagine this dress being worn with a high ponytail with a bit of bump going on, and some mod sunglasses or cat-eye ones. I’m obsessed with the clean simplicity of this dress. Once again, can we just talk about the timelessness of this cut and style?

Playing Feur Keeps Dress:

ModclothPrice: $49.99

Lady-like, breezy and dainty, it’s the perfect dress to sit on your porch and drink sweet tea with. Hair in a loose bun and a fan by your side to beat the heat. Can you see it?

Floral Print Halter Dress:

Forever21Price: $22.80

Leave it to Forever21 to have a really affordable option for a vintage look. Add some pin curls and a bandana or a bow headband, and you’ve got yourself a super affordable ensemble that looks way more than it actually is! Who can say no to that?

Photo source 1

Ana Valentin is a freshman at William Paterson with a wrong major in Environmental Science but will be transferring in the spring to Elementary Special Education and English Creative Writing, She has a burning love for all things glitter, beautiful, and fashionable. You'll probably find her in the student cafe sucking down a machiatto. If you do, feel free to say hello. She likes those too.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"