photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Whimsy Wednesday: Thanksgiving Outfits Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Hey there, collegiettes. November has flown by, hasn’t it? With all of the midterms and pre-break papers you’ve got due, it’s hard to find time to plan your Thanksgiving Day attire. So to help you out, we’ve got some inspiration for outfits, depending on how casual or formal your Turkey Day Grub-Down is.

Casual Eats

I don’t know about you but Tartan patterned pants have been popping up everywhere lately! They scream transitional fall/winter to me in pattern and fit, and so they’re the perfect pick for a casual dine-in. Add a loose oversized sweater in a warm, complimentary color and some black flats, and you’ve got a winning outfit! The loose sweater and stretchy pants allow for the food baby that is sure to happen after your third helping of turkey and apple pie. Don’t worry; with this outfit, you’ll still look fabulous in your food coma!

Semi- Formal Spread

Dinner with Grandma at home: that’s what this outfit screams to me. I put this together with the thought of having a clean and comfy feel with a slightly more put together silouhette. Adding a flowy skirt (even a skater skirt) and a cable knit sweater is a surprisngly girly and effortless combination. Add touches of silver or gold for even more subtle touches and your favorite flats to tie this outfit all together.

Formal Dining Affair

With this last outfit idea, I’m paying homage to the beautiful red drink that often accompanies a more formal Thanksgiving meal: Merlot Wine. This color is so underrated and so autumnal. A dress in this color is perfect for a formal Thanksgiving. If you don’t have (or don’t like) this color, that’s fine; keep the fous on the silouhette of the dress. A classing fit and flare is all you need to keep things classy and cool. Add a bit of sparkle with barettes to pull your hair back, a nice pair of earrings, and even a belt with the same color accents in the rest of your accessories to keep this outfit balanced.

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on our blessings and feel gratitiude towards our loved ones, but nobody said you can’t be gorgeous and grateful!

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, collegiettes!

Ana Valentin is a freshman at William Paterson with a wrong major in Environmental Science but will be transferring in the spring to Elementary Special Education and English Creative Writing, She has a burning love for all things glitter, beautiful, and fashionable. You'll probably find her in the student cafe sucking down a machiatto. If you do, feel free to say hello. She likes those too.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"