Top 5 Fashion Essentials for Rainy Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

“April Showers Bring May Flowers,” according to an old proverb. As we are patiently waiting for sunnier and warmer days, we also have to realize that the weather is unpredictable. Indeed, most of us do not love rainy weather but we can still make a fashion statement on campus with these Top 5 Fashion Essentials for Rainy Weather.

1. Umbrella:   Although this item is a necessity, it can also be a fashion statement. You can find an affordable umbrella at any convenience store or pharmacy. If you prefer a more stylish one, then you can find some great selections on Macy’s website, like this fabulously puny Kate Spade New York “Rain Check?” Umbrella.

1. Rain Coat:  This season’s most trendy item in outerwear can keep you warm from those cool rainy winds. Burlington Coat Factory is a great place to start finding your perfect coat. You can also check out their website for sales including this Belted Raincoat from Madden Girl.
  1. Rain boots:  This is an essential item for rainy weather because who really wants to get their socks wet from the pouring rain? Uh- no one. You can find rain boots in almost every major department store, especially in Kohl’s, where they have this cute pink Ice Cream Rain Boots from BootsiTootsi!
  1. Waterproof Phone Case:  Who says that we can’t text in the rain? With a waterproof phone case, we don’t have to worry about risking water damage with our smartphone devices. LifeProof is one of the top-selling waterproof phone cases in the United States. The best part is that it has cases for both iPhone and Android phones. You can check out their reliable cases on Amazon.com.
  1. Scarves This last item on the list is so useful for rainy weather because it can lock in moisture and prevent us from getting frizzy hair. A scarf can also be an add-on accessory to enhance any outfit. Charming Charlie has a great selection of scarfs including the Solid Pashmina Scarfs, where it’s available in different colors. You can find them in any Charming Charlie store or its website.

Source:

Photo 1

She is a 23 year-old Puerto Rican young lady from Paterson, NJ. She is currently a Senior at William Paterson University with a major in Communications- Public Reations and an English-Writing minor. She is a future leader who dreams of becoming a freelance writer while working in the field of Public Relations. In her spare time, she loves to read, watch reality tv shows, go shopping, and get her nails done.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"