timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Steps to Achieving a Positive Lifestyle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Leading a positive lifestyle can lead to many open doors and opportunities galore. What you radiate in life ultimately comes back to you in glorious amounts. What better way to enjoy life than being optimistic and taking on everything with a positive outlook? There is no way you can lose once you focus on the positive (what is important in your life) and ignore the negative (the downs that can happen in life). It’s all about you putting your mind to creating a lifestyle that is filled with happiness, laughter, and good fortune. 

Of course, nothing that is worth gaining comes so easily. Becoming positive isn’t something that will happen in a day. It takes time to lead a positive lifestyle until it becomes effortless and natural. Here at Her Campus WPUNJ, we have developed a few easy steps that can help anyone into leading their lives with positive vibes. 

What You Are Grateful for Journal

A great way to begin this process is by getting a journal that you can write in every day. It’s your goal to write in it every day something that you are grateful for. It can be something that could have happened that day or something that you even have started to notice recently. Whatever it is, the point is to write about something that makes you smile and glow. The best thing about it, too, is that if you are feeling down you can always open up your journal and read these thoughts that have made you smile before.

Positive Post-Its

Post-It notes are an incredible tool for not only reminders but also to create positive affirmations for you to see everyday. Grab a bunch and write down what can pick you up, such as, “You are beautiful in your own way” or “You can do whatever you put your mind to.” Create these and place them wherever you can see them — on your mirror, the wall you see before you leave your room, or even above your bed. They’ll be a beautiful reminder to you to keep doing what you are doing.

Focus on Yourself

Often we don’t give ourselves enough time to just kick back and relax. It’s something that should be a must in your daily life in order to have time to focus on yourself. Everyday you should put time aside for some “me time” in which you can do the things you want to do. Write in your journal, take a bubble bath, give yourself  a manicure, research places you want to travel to, find things that inspire you. Whatever it may be, let it be something that focuses on you and what you want to do in life. Anything that inspires you. Anything at all.

Surround Yourself with Positivity 

The most rewarding thing you can do for yourself in this lifestyle is surround yourself with people that lead positively like you to aspire. This includes any loved ones being your family, friends, and whomever else you meet along the way. These people not only help celebrate with you during the happy times but are also with you during the hard times. You’ll create a circle of people that’ll only help build you up into the most positive person you can be and, in return, create relationships that’ll last a lifetime. 

These steps will help you create a positive lifestyle of your own that will be filled with love, happiness, and most importantly, health. 

Photos credited to Pinterest.

A senior at William Paterson University with a English Literature major and minor in Fine Art. Victoria believes there is no limit to what you can do in life just as long as you stay positive, motivated and are happy doing so. Her creativity shines through many outlets from her lifestyle blog, articles on Her Campus and being a Beauty Director and Style Columnist at Cliché Magazine. Her success in the digital magazine and blogging world earned her the Best DIY Blogs in March 2014. Anything chocolate flavored, elephant related, and Stephen King distinguished are her absolute favorites. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"