Spring into Your Diet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Though I always try and keep my healthy diet and work outs going all year long, spring is my favorite time to really get back on track. The weather is warmer but not too hot to get outside and go on a run. Plus, the weather always puts me in the mood to eat fruits and veggies. I’m not sure why, but this helps me get on track with my diet, and everyone knows that’s most important, especially for those abs. 

I’ll make this short and sweet and of course, yummy. Here are six of my favorite things to make with fruits and veggies!

1. Veggie platter

-I like red and green peppers, carrots, broccoli and celery! Dip it in some ranch dip, and it’s the perfect snack!

2. A green smoothie

– It’s nice and bright and full of everything nice! There are so many recipes,. Look up the one your taste buds would like the most!

3. Egg cups

– I’m always running around and need a quick and healthy meal. So, I usually bake eggs in cupcake tins with chopped up green and red peppers, red onion and mushrooms. They’re quick, easy to grab and delicious.

4. Blueberry, mango and strawberry smoothie

All you need is what it says. Then, add milk and some ice, and you are good to go.

5. Fruit salad

I don’t like all the fruit in fruit salads they sell at stores, so I make my own. I include cantaloupe, honey dew, strawberries, mango and sometimes apples. I never have to pick around the fruits I don’t like.

6. Peanut butter and …

It truly breaks my heart when I learn someone hates peanut butter or is allergic, for I cannot live without it. My favorite fruits to pair with it are bananas and apples. You can even toast a piece of bread, spread some on it and put banana pieces on top!

May your bellies and hearts feel full and happy. 

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"