Roam the “City sidewalks, busy sidewalks” With Your Man

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

December is making its way frantically around the corner, which also means it’s time for the Christmas season!  As mistletoe season creeps up and you and your “boo-thang” are ready to get into the spirit, it is time to start planning some Holiday adventures, and what better place to do it than in the Big Apple?

Christmas time is prime time for New York City.  The city that’s known for it’s lights all year round is lit up even more during this time of year and it is a beautiful sight that can’t be seen anywhere else. There is so much to do and so much to see that it is the perfect place for you and your boyfriend to spend a whole day celebrating holiday festivities. 

Walk Through Central Park

Central Park alone is beautiful during the holidays! It is the perfect place to admire the lights, hear the carols, watch the horse and carriages trot along, go ice skating, and enjoy a hot cup of cocoa!

Bryant Park Winter Village

Bryant Park is also a beautiful place to visit to see the lights, enjoy holiday music, hot treats to keep you warm, and ice skate! They even have their own tree and many little gift shops with all kinds of handmade treasures.

Stroll Down 5th Ave

No one does window displays quite like 5th Avenue.  From Lord and Taylor to Saks, the beauty and creativity is definitley something to admire and worth going to see.

Radio City Christmas Spectacular

An unforgettable show that everyone needs to see atleast once in their life.  A night with dinner and a show seeing the exquisite dances of the Rockettes and the nostalgic christmas music is an indescribable experience you will remember forever.

Christmas Ornament Display

A perfect photo backdrop is the ornament display that is right outside of Radio City! The bold red Christmas ornaments with the lights reflecting off of the fountain is just another strong example of why New York City is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Macy’s Christmas Light Display

While checking out window displays, Macy’s is definitely a must see.  Along with beautiful decorations, the store puts on a light show that expands throughout the whole building attracting crowds of people across the street.

Serendipity

Live out the Romantic Comedy fantasy with dinner and or dessert at Serendipity! *Suggestion: the frozen hot chocolate is OKAY to have no matter how cold it is. It’s worth it.”

Times Square

You can’t go into New York City without visiting Times Square! The hustle and bustle of all the stores and the people under all the lights is an exciting vibe you really can not get anywhere else!

Rockefeller Center

The Christmas Capital of New York City.  You can’t leave the city without getting the infamous “tree pic” with your boy.  But besides that, the beautiful decor, Christmas carols, and ice skaters will without a doubt get you in the Christmas Spirit and be a perfect end to a perfect Holiday date in the greatest city in the world.

Alexis hails from Bergen County, New Jersey and is a junior at William Paterson University. To her friends she's known as Alexis or Lex. She studies Media Production and Graphic design and plans to study marketing or sports management. She also works for WPU Recreational Services as a Fitness Center attendant and videographer. Alexis is a sports junkie, especially for the New York Yankees. She also loves film, television, social media, and playing sports. Her dream one day is to work in the sports media industry whether it is behind the scenes or being the next Erin Andrews! Her favorite shows are Friends and Friday Night LIghts, her favorite movies are The Dark Knight trilogy and Back To The Future. She enjoys all music from Rap to Country. She can mostly be found either studying in Hobart Hall or working out in the Rec Center.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"