Nicole DaRosa ’16: WPUNJ’s Soulful Songstress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Name: Nicole DaRosa

Hometown: Barnegat, NJ

Major: Popular Music Studies

Year: Junior

Involvement: Her Campus, Pop Vocal Ensemble

Fun Fact: Ladybugs are the only bugs I won’t kill.

Favorite Quote: “If there’s a will, there’s a way.”

Nicole DaRosa is a recently transferred student who is taking WPUNJ by storm. In her short time here, Nicole has put her talents to use — her writing talent has brought her on the Her Campus WPUNJ team, and her musical talents brought her to the stage at College Fashion Week! Nicole has already satisfied one dream during her time here, but we know that Nicole will continue to pursue whatever is next for her, which is why we’re proud to have this starlet-in-the-making as our Campus Celebrity.

HC: Why did you decide to attend WPUNJ? 

ND: The Popular Music program here is really one-of-a-kind, and I felt like it would be the perfect major for me. I also love New York City so the fact that the school is so close was definitely a plus! 

HC: What do you hope to accomplish within the next year? ND: I want to do an internship and get more involved on campus.

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years? ND: I see myself established within my music career, signed to an independent label with a few albums and tours under my belt. At that point, possibly thinking about settling down and starting a family — if my adventurous side lets me!

HC:  What is your favorite thing about WPUNJ?ND: I really like the amount of little woodland creatures we have on campus. Their cuteness brightens up my day.

HC: How long have you been singing and playing music?ND: I’ve been singing for as far back as I can remember (cliché, I know), and I started taking piano lessons when I was 8. 

HC: Who are your musical heroes?ND: Artists influence me in different ways. I admire Lady Gaga’s authenticity, Michael Jackson’s and Beyoncé’s live performances, Alicia Keys’s and John Legend’s songwriting, Kimbra’s and Paloma Faith’s musical style… I could go on for days!

HC: How was the experience of making your NYC debut at College Fashion Week? ND: It could not have been a better night. I was really happy with my performance, my family came to support me, and all the people there were so nice. Definitely a performance I’ll never forget!

HC: What’s next for you? ND: Anyone who knows me knows I’m always up to something, so my next goal is to start a band. It gets lonely playing by myself up there!

Priscilla Cordero is a collegiette from WPUNJ. She is an Anthropology major with a double minor in Music Studies and Media Studies. She is a writer and holds the managing for HCWPUNJ. Her passions include culture, diversity, social justice awareness, feminism, positivity, creativity, and music. She is a member of the Honors College on her campus. In March 2014 Priscilla was awarded HCWPUNJ's Best Polls, Best Celebrities, and Most Spirited. A Jersey girl at heart, but she has New York City dreams. She loves to attend concerts, sing, read fashion magazines, travel, and blog (tumblr included)! 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"