HC Back-to-School Survival Kit: Your Fall Semester Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

We’re back to school again, collegiettes, and that means it’s time for your introduction to the 2014 Her Campus Back-to-School Survival Kit! What better than awesome freebies? (We know; nothing.)

This year, Her Campus National sent HCWPUNJ a BTSSK to make sure that we collegiettes are looking and feeling awesome! The kit was better than ever, jam-packed with beauty, fashion, and fun!

We’re always incredibly grateful to Her Campus National and their ever-so-generous sponsors, so this is our huge “Thank You” shout-out to them for being so great.

In honor of their new relaunch, Aeropostale sent us $10 shopping cards (hello, free money!) to use at their stores. These gift cards are valid 9/1-10/19/2014, so we’re making plans for our mall trip ASAP! Also, because they’re really that great, Aero also sent us a Sport Bottle from their new LLD line!

We love Affinitas Cupcake Panties. Seriously, ever since we first saw them at the HerConference this past summer, we’ve been hooked. They come in super-cute “cupcakes” as a “baker’s dozen”! And in varying sizes and styles for our collegiettes!

What’s better than BOGO Burritos from Chipotle? (If you said nothing, you’re totally right!) Our hungry collegiettes love burritos… and bargains! And Chipotle gave us both.

If you go to your gyno with no clue about your last cycle, you definitely need to get a Clue! A new period-tracker app, Clue helps collegiettes manage their menstrual and ovulatory cycles. It’s incredibly nifty, and with the free download cards, we’re all able to give Clue a try!

Even though it’s the beginning of pants weather (which inevitably results in some leg-hair laziness), we can’t deny how great it feels to have smooth skin – and European Wax Center wants us to “hit the books in silky smooth style”. That’s why they sent us coupons for $5 off their Exfoliate Gel! And the best part? This coupon doubles as a free wax for first-timers!

Garnier sent us samples of their Blackhead Eliminating Scrub and Nourishing Cleansing Oil so that we can give clear, beautiful skin a try! (And we seriously can’t wait to test them out.)

LUNA bars are a girl’s best friend. A great snack for the collegiette on the go, LUNA bars, like the minis that LUNA sent, are totally travel-size – perfect for any purse, gym bag, or backpack. And with all kinds of flavors, there’s a LUNA bar for everyone!

Nasty Gal, an American-based online fashion retailer, sent us a sassy custom-designed tote bag and some other special edition goodies!

And if you’re sick of your zits (we know we are), rejoice – Tanda Zap just introduced us to the newest breakthrough in zit-zapping technology. Combining blue LED light (like the pros use) with gentle sonic vibration, Tanda Zap is pocket-sized and guaranteed to start clearing your acne within 24 hours! And the best part is it’s gentle enough to be used on all skin types and tones without fear of irritation, dryness, or redness.

We couldn’t keep all these goodies to ourselves, so we shared them with a lucky raffle winner at our Pink Party for Breast Cancer Awareness on October 7th. Hope you love the goodies as much as we do!

HCXO!

Christine is the Co-Founder and former Editor-in-Chief of the WPUNJ branch of Her Campus. She graduated summa cum laude in May 2015 with BAs in English Literature and Secondary Education and a minor in Creative Writing. Christine currently lives in Maryland and likes to visit Washington, DC (but a little part of her will always miss New Jersey). She loves to edit and aspires to write the great American novel... eventually. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, hanging out with her husband and corgi puppy, fangirling over Marvel superheroes and Rothy's shoes, and watching Netflix.