This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

If you don’t believe in ghosts but you attend William Paterson University, now may be the time to change your mind about them. In case you didn’t know, we have a resident Ghost on campus who haunts Hobart Manor! She was the nanny to Garret A. Hobart, the 24th Vice President of the United States. The entire campus was his estate at one point. Mary, the Hobart’s nanny, was cleaning the house as she did everyday, when she has an unforunate mishap with the elevator. She fell down the elevator shaft trying to clean some cobwebs and passed away inside the mansion. To this day she still haunts the building. Janitors don’t go in after 5 and papers have been reported to have gone missing. They like to keep her happy so Hobart Manor still has all the original furniture! Halloween is a time when she gets lots of visitors curious about her story, so go check her out!

Name: Ghost Mary

Year: Deceased

Job: Nanny

Activities/clubs: Cleaning, knitting

Relationship status: Single and looking

Fun Facts

Favorite Quote: Work hard, play hard.

Dream vacation:  Ireland

Dream job: Model

Pet peeve: Elevator Shafts

Celeb crush: Johnny Depp

Love Life

First thing you notice about a guy: His eyes

Your most attractive quality: My ability to clean the entire manor in under 20 minutes!

First kiss: I’m saving myself for the right man

Perfect date: Anything that gets me out of the house

Favorites

Song: “Work” by Rhianna

Movie: Paranormal Activity

TV Show: Murder Mystery

Book: Stories to tell in the Dark

Just For Fun

Celebrity Look-a-like: A mix between Marilyn Monroe and Angeline Jolie, I think

Choose a super-power: You don’t need super powers when you’re a ghost, I can get away with anything!

Favorite time of year at WPUNJ: Halloween of course! I always get the most visitors

I am currently a junior studying Media Production and Visual Communications at William Paterson University. Coming from a small town, one square mile to be exact, and moving up to this busy North Jersey/city area has been a big change for me, but I'm loving every second of it. Along with HerCampus I'm involved in the TV Club as well as having three on-campus jobs and an off-campus internship. I spend my free time (although there isn't much of it) doing makeup, taking pictures, editing videos, or cuddling with my hedgehog Tuka. New Jersey has been good to me but after school I plan on moving to the west coast and finding out just where I'm meant to be and where I can do what I love.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"